What is this pest?

Hi,

Does someone know what these little bugs are? They are brown and the babys are white. Look kind of like a tick to me, best I can decribe it…I can try to take some better pictures if needed. I put neem seed meal on surface around the pots. Hope this shit is not in the bloom tent yet…

2 Likes

Better picture

1 Like

Still a little small it could be just a regular roach or something. Looks like a small cricket I’m sure it’s not something good. You’ll have bugs all the time some do not cause any harm.

3 Likes

Looks like some sort of springtail, I wouldn’t worry about … beer3|nullxnull

5c13682681d0c149e92bbaf782507abfb59baf33_2_690x455

3 Likes

Thanks they dont look like thrips, aphits or mites from the pics I looked up but there are many. I had something crawling here and there before, but never so many…guess its part of growing mostly organic

2 Likes

That was my response at the other place…
May be root aphid then.
Or this?

a close up is in order.

Even dead, just not too squished…LOL

3 Likes

Could be, the important thing is they are in the rank of “good boyz”, completely harmless unless they’re legion … icon_eek|nullxnull

root aphid

5 Likes

Here is with macro lense:

Saw at least one in the bloom tent so now Im freaking out

2 Likes

These two making plans…ahhhh

2 Likes

Strange, looks more Beatle like.

5 Likes

Haha yea as long as its not something bad I can live with it, but flower tent is in week 4, would be a desaster if that went to shit now. Veg tent I can treat still with neem oil if need be

1 Like

Just watering with diluted peroxide will kill them (along with all the bad and good microbiota), you would have later to repopulate the beneficial microbes with a tea, recharge or similar products, ask me why I don’t grow organics … frech|nullxnull

5 Likes

Put a couple of drops of dawn dish soap in a spray bottle.
Spry the surface of the dirt everyday or 2 times a day for a week without missing a day.
See if any make it out of that alive.
Or… :grinning:

4 Likes

I was going to suggest peroxide as well, it’s a great deterrent and eradicator of soft bodied insects

3 Likes

ITT: good bois with exoskeletons

2 Likes

Sorry I dont understand what you mean, can you explain?

1 Like

They look like springtails or something, they are probably a beneficial bug and not bad to have around.

2 Likes

Ahhh got it, thanks so much for weighing in. I have not found anything negative yet on the plants, but also just noticed them yesterday and there are a lot it seems like.

edit: googling spring tails that actually looks very much like what I got going on, thank you

2 Likes