Plucking pollen sacks, how do you do it?

Hey OG.
Just reversed a few autos and like to know how folks pick pollen sacks off the plant without destroying them.
Using micro/beauty shop scissors ain’t cutting it.

3 Likes

Most people just pinch the odd nanner off if a plant herms in flower.that’s quite a few.
Why do you want them off if you reversed the plant?
You can cut off the Branch with the nanners and put it in a cup of water over parchment paper or tinfoil and wait for them to open,collect the pollen then apply it where needed.
Or you can just let that plant drop pollen in a tent or room and let it pollenate everything in the room.

5 Likes

I only needed a little for my next run, so I chopped the male flowers off, put them in open jars, and in a container with a mini dehumidifier. Then later I dumped the jars into a pollen shaker I got from Amazon, and it sifted out the pollen pretty well

If you want a lot of pollen from it, I would suggest looking at @DougDawson thread here. He got A LOT.

5 Likes

With dry finger tips

3 Likes

I have used tweezers but usually just shake. If you only have a few and there is no air movement you can also put a small vial under it and move the open mouth up to the sac and shake it back and forth to drop the pollen in the vial then clean and dry it.

3 Likes

Well I started the ones to be flipped 2 weeks before the targets. And the targets are just starting to flower.
The maled ones are taking a beating from the constant CS spray, might not last until the targets are ready.
Not all the sacs have pollen and since grown in small pots, due to space limitations, appear to be miniaturized instead of just growing smaller.
So the sacs that are pickable are few and that does vary between the strains I’m growing.
White Widow really shows this miniaturization most.

3 Likes

lol!
Exactly!
How’ve you been man?

2 Likes

Captain Spacely I’m doing well and yourself?
I wasn’t being a smartass I don’t use tweezers not steady enough shit the pollen would be all dropped and none left for me.
Lol

Somebody said ole lady’s vibrator, I don’t know about that one.
Lmao

4 Likes

Yeah that dude is amazing, no f’ng way that could be beginners luck.
He has the touch.

He uses somebody else’s tech for collecting pollen, an ultrasonic toothbrush and a pollen sifter.
I’m doing the same, it works for my reg plants but not these lil guys.
Guess my plan on keeping them small has backfired somewhat.

2 Likes

Keeping going, my friend, keeping going.
These are strange times indeed.
Thankfully we can still grow.

1 Like

I’ve never grown autos in small pots before and I did so to keep them mobile, I travel often, and manageable too.
However this appears to have backfired some as these auto’s are seemingly miniaturized instead of just being smaller.
Not really any branches just a cola and mini one at that.

1 Like

Actually worked better that mini scissors.
By pulling on the tip of the sac, it keeps it closed, scissors burst them open.
:+1:

2 Likes