Pollen chucked freebie seeds are all gone

I have no idea, i haven’t ever done it before, i would like to get around 500 seeds in order to send you guys some, and also to keep a good stash for myself, and hunt for phenos or something, i dunno.

@Kalgrae, how many seeds did you make on each plant last time you made seeds? If we may know.

3 Likes

You can easily get 500 seeds from one plant. When I did the autoflower seed run, I pollinated the plants, then about a week later pollinated them again. I let them ripen extra long, “until the seeds rattle in their pods”. Good luck and sign me up for some seeds. :grin:

7 Likes

Seeds or no seeds i want a Mad Sticker! :grin:

9 Likes

Love it my man! I think you guys are on to something. I have a collection of stickers on the exterior of one side of my flower tent.
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

with the way the sharing goes on overgrow, everybody will have their own signature sticker before long.
Its a good thing.

15 Likes

@shroomgod, it Depends on a few variables like size of plant ,pollen’s viability, environment and when/ how you pollinated her… But a full plant will give you a few hundred seeds , a single branch ,even ,could give you up to 50 odd seeds,
Hope this helps bud,
Gaz

3 Likes

So sorry about that.

:cry:

1 Like

That would be tricky for me to answer in an honest way @shroomgod. I’d think the largest variable would be the size of the plant you were able to pollinate? @MadScientist I’d say of the viable seeds, probably 300-350 per plant. Each was about 2’ tall, so that’s relatively small really for a major seed haul. I think @Viva_Mexico harvests thousands? And @TropicalBiophile about the same? I should find some pics.

Also, I went about dusting them in two ways.
1st was in the bathroom with collected pollen on one selected plant on a few branches with a paint brush (the #1). It wasn’t extremely complicated, but first covered the flowers I wanted to dust, then mist/wet/drench the others that you want to use for different pollen, uncover the dry flowers, cover the wet flowers, mate and reverse process before putting back where you’re planning to flower them the remainder of the time…

2nd was by setting the females in a manner that they constantly surrounded the male so that no matter which way the wind was pushing a breeze it would get to all of them. Toward the end of the males’ life, I took some branches and placed them in a solo cup with some water and rigged up an aluminum catcher to save some pollen but let it die in the pot outside. It totally exhausted itself.

So aside from the 1st pollination on the selected flowers it was left to nature to do the rest. I think indoor in a more controlled environment those variables would be more likely in your favor and you’d find results somewhere nearer @ReikoX? Outdoor there are bugs and odd things/issues that the plant also exhausts a lot of energy combatting, so it can still produce healthy offspring. That’s my observation.

Make the stickers @MadScientist . Who will be making the OG ones?

9 Likes

PM me your information again @alpine

2 Likes

Oops, did i miss the outdoor part?

I agree with @Kalgrae. If anything, you can get too many seeds from a pollination (accidental or not). Pollen is serious stuff, it likes to keep floating in the air and grab on to all your precious pistils, and if your are not extremely careful when dusting it you are more than likely to pollinate more branches than you´d like.

I don´t know if it was in the thousands but, for example, last year a small male on the other side of the house seeded most of my girls and each yielded hundred of seeds (some chickens were really happy about it). If you are not totally sure what you are doing, I´d advise just to keep a little bit of pollen from a small male and dose it with the smallest brush you can find (just the tip, no need to go Jackson Pollock about it). Keep the fans off, the pregnant girl separate (and if you can shower her a couple of days after the pollination, and before going back into your growing space, it would be best).

7 Likes

Got mine today @Kalgrae
Thank you thank you thank you

A sweet pig sticker now adorns the little lady’s laptop

5 Likes

I am really fucng pied! Costarican post sucks. I got seeds from @Kalgrae and @ReikoX coming and nothing yet.

6 Likes

Hope you get them soon, give a bit more time and I’ll send mine again.

4 Likes

Well, i thank you man. What makes me mad is the fact that it makes unreliable for me to get seeds from my fellow overgrowers. It’s a pain anytime someone needs to send me seeds u know. I don’t wanna be left out, but at the same time i understand what a headache it is to do it.

HppHrvst

7 Likes

Hey @MadScientist bud , you will only have to Chuck your pollen once, and your females will/should be full of seeds by shucking time, good luck with this…
Happy growing,
Gaz

5 Likes

I know the feeling. :frowning:

3 Likes

Kalgrae, did you get my information?

1 Like

Amazin fucking, the package came to me this morning, very happy for these seeds @Kalgrae , as soon as I have space inside I will germinate and post the advance in the forum. surely @MadScientist , or you said or, but if some day you come to this country, warns and I get you lodging in the Caribbean, although where he lives mad (pacific area) is more visited by tourists from your country. je
Thank you very much!.
.:grin:

8 Likes

Hopefully that means mine is about to arrive! Cheers @Sukia

5 Likes