Pollen hunting

Some of those will be very hard to get a verified clone and there are more fakes then legit. The gg4 is unstable and the white is rather bland. Depending on what you can get to breed with I would make a decision from there. Mac 1 and mendo breath both have a very heavy narcotic type high, not just strong but makes your head heavy and puts me down even during bouts of insomnia. Mac 1 can be finicky and slow growing and I haven’t grown mendo breath only smoked it. I would think the 88g13 hash plant , or black dom would make a great pairing with either of the before mentioned strains as would many of ak bean brains or cricket and cicadas offerings. I’ve seen some interesting stuff from dominion and top dawg also that might give you some knock down style plants.
Read about the specific effects of certain terpenes and look for strains that are heavy in the terps that match your needs.

3 Likes

I kept pollen in a vial in the fridge for around a year and it was still very much viable. So it is possible. You are definitely better to grow out your own plants from seed and collect rather than try to source elsewhere. You write like an English man :thinking:

2 Likes

I didn’t see that he was asking for MAC1… but if he were, there’s bigger problems than how the plant grows. MAC1 is a triploid, apparently, so most of the seeds produced - if any are produced - will be non-viable or badly mutated.

2 Likes

We wasent asking for it but I was recommending it based on what is being sought after. I don’t beleive it’s a triploid but I could be wrong, that is realy rare unless induced threw chemical treatment.

2 Likes

That’s great to know mate then I’ll be able to do the same and I can then plan ahead :+1: cheers :beers:

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info mate I was wondering about how it’s collected/dried and I guess that plays a role in its viability it’s pretty awesome though you’re making the seeds you want, I really hope I can do the same. Would be pretty cool also to give to fellow people with medical needs too I think free seeds that potentially hold a key to making someone’s life easier is pretty great :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your info guys I haven’t heard of mac1 but I can’t get cuttings over here so seeds it is, cheers guys :+1:

1 Like

why do you say the white is bland? like terp wise or what

Yes, it definitely is rare; I’ve never heard about reliable evidence of another triploid strain that wasn’t induced through colchicine treatment. I don’t know myself, of course, but @ReikoX has mentioned several times that he’s seen a study indicating it’s a real triploid. It doesn’t make it impossible to reproduce, but almost impossible, from what he’s said. I could be wrong; and I’m guessing he didn’t conduct the study himself, so I suppose he could be too, but I’m not spinning this from whole cloth at any rate. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey @Cranio . Here’s how I collect and keep my pollen straight. Some good tips from other members as well.

2 Likes

Follow these instructions! His and Doug’s PPP pollen (following lefty’s instructions) were the most successful pollen I’ve tried so far.

1 Like

So I heard it mentioned on a podcast. When I researched it, all I could find was this reddit link.

1 Like

In another thread started a few days ago, they’re saying Dark Heart had their cut tested and found the same results as this guy. Sounds legit to me, but I wouldn’t know MAC1 from any of the other million plants I haven’t grown, so I’m not the one to ask. :man_shrugging: Dark Heart seems to have a good reputation though.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much I’d call it a “natural” triploid, didn’t Cap find the seeds in his pockets after he put them through the wash and dry?

2 Likes

Don’t know, never heard that before. Not sure anything in the wash would alter the DNA, but stranger things have been known to happen.

3 Likes

Ultra Tide - now with mutagens!

I’m going to have to start germinating my seeds in the washing machine. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Well the Mac 1 is very hard and slow to clone, and the middle finger is abnormally larger then the rest. I’ve also heard it can be very difficult to make seeds on although possible. Those are all traits of a triploid based on previous studies where it was induced.
I’m wondering if the one they tested was caps cut , I’m wondering if those who have made seeds did it with caps cut and not the other non triploid ones. Cap put seeds out so there is going to be multiple plants being pushed as Mac 1.

2 Likes

Good luck on your endeavours brother…
People sell pollen on strainly too, i don’t know how legit that would be.
But if you see any known reputable seller, go nuts lol…
People here often donate pollen too…

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m pretty excited about the possibilities of creating my own medicine! Thanks for the tips mate I’ll have to check strainly out I’ve never heard of it, I’ll go check it out :+1:

1 Like