Looking for pollen

Hello friends,

I’m looking for pollen. The females will be ready to start receiving pollen in about 3 weeks from now, so that will be in beginning of August 2022. I will share beans from my 2022 outdoor harvest when they are ready. I have a few beans from my 2021 harvest that I can share right away. If you want to see the females that will make the beans, a link to the journal is at the bottom of this post.

My selected male was destroyed by the heat. It’s been over 100f+ for the past few weeks. He was rootbound in a 1gal pot, and I think his roots got too hot. The females in the ground still look good.

I will reverse a female clone that I have, but I was also hoping to find some reg pollen to use.

I will greatly appreciate a pollen share.

Peace :v:

5 Likes

@DougDawson might have some more

2 Likes

Have some ® gelato pollen…

4 Likes

Got some FDM Indiana Bubbkegum (bx2) or Freakshow.

7 Likes

Feel free to give me a shout in a couple weeks, got some banana creme pie pollen stashed away for lower branches of my garden this year, if I got extra after my shplooshfest, I’d be happy to get some out to ya

4 Likes

how do people usually ship pollen? i have a bunch of vials of lindas gelato 33 on ice but id be worried about them arriving viable.

4 Likes

Small vial in a small baggie in a DVD case in a 6 x 9 padded envelope, never had issues with it

6 Likes

Let the pollen get to room temp before opening container to avoid moisture condensation. While you’re waiting, cut several Qtip cotton swabs in half. Dip the cotton swabs in the pollen, or dust the swabs by dropping pollen on them. Enclose the dusted swabs in a small Ziploc baggie with a desicant pouch to keep them dry. Mail in a regular envelope. Faster shipping is better, but snail mail is okay. Just dont let it sit in your mailbox in the heat. Better to drop the envelope inside the post office drop off.

If you’ve got enough, it would be awesome to drop a small amount directly into the baggie with the swabs.

6 Likes

I am looking at collecting pollen from my males starting end of this week.
I will shoot you a PM with the cultivars.
Should be plenty of pollen for ya!

6 Likes

You did that in public thread might want to send a pm with your personals :+1: @Tracker

4 Likes

Thank you. I realized it right away and deleted the post. Does it show deleted for you?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s gone :+1:

2 Likes

That seems like a ton of work? I just drop 2ml into a small jewelry baggie and tape to inside of greeting card. I have sent probably 180 or so packs that way at this point and had great success. Did you find the pollen you were looking for?

11 Likes

Several members said they will be able to share pollen with me.

In the event that doesn’t work out for some reason, I will be grateful if I can reach out to you.

Peace :v:

2 Likes

No problem, I am always around here somewhere, feel free to reach out and I will help if I can :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just put it in a wee plastic bag and tape it inside a card ( birthday/Christmas etc.).
Add a few rice hulls or silica balls to it and it should be viable when received … :+1:.

I would like to try some of the pollen you have ( gelato 33.) - i would like to dust some lower buds of NL5 or 1 of the Afghani crosses that are in my tent…
Shoot me a message if you’re interested in a possible trade … cheers .?!

Happy growing peeps’. .
Gaz :facepunch:

5 Likes

@Gaz29 lets give this a go! i taped them to a piece of cardboard. originally i was going to use a standard envelope but i used a bubble mailer this time for some extra protection since its traveling far. let me know how it goes! i wasnt able to put any silica balls in the vials as i didnt want to open them. i did dilute the pollen with baked flour 1:1 prior to packaging in the vials.

hopefully some of the pollen arrives viable. i quiet liked Lindas g33. it was very mellow in terms of thc, but the flavor was on point. the california cookies strains im familiar with are very compact and dense. Lindas g33 seems more sativa leaning, the buds were less dense but she grew huge in the backyard and more than made up for the lack of density with her yield. lots of pink hues too

here are three sampler plants i grew in the backyard of g33 f1s i made

7 Likes

What does that baked flour do?How do you prepare it?is that a thermos you used as a cryo storage container?Color me intrigued here I am like a schlub storing my pollen in a little zipdime bag between two silica packs in one of those shiny foil scent proof sealable bags packed in uncle bens rice in a little jam jar in my freezer.I like your labels really nice and neat.

1 Like

thanks, i appreciate it. the flour acts as a desiccant and a cheap filler material. it was baked at 250f for 20 minutes or so to drive off any water that might be on it. i place them in the thermos for long term storage. the thermos buffers the little vials against the air that wafts in when i open the chest freezer in my garage. ive had pollen remain viable on the shelf for a couple of weeks but in the freezer it lasts for what seems like ever. i pollinated a branch after 18 months and didnt notice a huge reduction in viability so i suspect its probably viable for at least 3-5 years this way

5 Likes

How long can pollen be stored for?

1 Like