Pollen vs vegging photo plants

Okay so here’s a question I’ve been pondering about for a couple days because I want to get to this ASAP

I have some black cream feminized auto pollen provided by @Nagel420

And one yes only one moby dick auto seed
…so I want to pollinate the moby dick but don’t want to dedicate a room to one seed plant so while I’m running my photo plants in veg would it be safe to grow out a pollinated auto in with the vegging photos

Clean out tent really good when flipping to flower ?

Yes, unless you have some showing sex. Water is your friend when comes to pollen.

2 Likes

Please elaborate

Yes, vegging plants will have few, if any pistils out (preflowers maybe).

What he means by water is your friend, is that water can be used to wash off excess pollen, and to help “deactivate” it. Moist pollen loses viability quicker than dry pollen (though I have read where some companies mix pollen in water, then mist the plants to pollenate, but thats heresy, I don’t know any who’ve done it that way personally).

3 Likes

I mist the pollinated plant down 2 hours after pollination.
That eliminates most of the contact contamination (found 2 seeds on an unpollinated branch in last run) Good but not perfect.
You should be safe in a veg tent.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

That what I figured I should be safe but rather hear other people input …

Thanks everyone !

1 Like

Hey @Rabeats2093, you can bag your male, collect the pollen in a safe location, then pollinated in a bathtub or shower stall with small paint brush. Leave pollinated female for a couple hrs at least, then rinse off real good with shower to nutralize the remaining polling. Must be soaked down. Let dry then put female back in flower room to finish, and it will not cross pollinate your sensi, if you rinse it down good enough.

Edit: change clothes and shower after collecting pollen, before you go back near your grow.

13 Likes

Yup, that’s a BIG one!
:+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

If your vegging plants happen to get any pollen on them at all, any resulting seeds will be along the main stem and may be easily removed.

Water doesn’t make pollen unviable, it makes it immobile. Meaning it’s still alive, but it’s been contained within the water and cannot be easily dispersed by any air movement.

Those two together sounds like an interesting cross… and the names that could be made from a combination of the parental names.:relaxed:

1 Like

Yes. it does.

It’s not like a disinfectant killing it instantly. But water on pollen causes it to lose viability MUCH quicker than dry pollen, thats well known. Pollen will absorb water and eventually burst if exposed to it. That’s pretty unviable to me… Just not instant…

2 Likes

The names I’m coming up with r hilarious I must say

1 Like

Has @Slick1 been influencing you? I mean, it kinda sounds like he has been… LOL

1 Like

Dude unlike slick I hold my thoughts in but I can be one sick fucker

Common what would you call it lmao

2 Likes

I think you would be amazed at how many thoughts I don’t express! I have to neuter a bunch of them and what you generally get from me on here is maybe 60% power at most :laughing:

2 Likes