Pollinating Autos with Auto pollen

I tried searching and I probably just suck at it lol but….

If I was to use the pollen of auto strain X on female of same auto strain X… what do you get? I’m assuming not auto seeds correct?

auto x auto = auto
are you saying (auto x photo) x (auto x photo)?

2 Likes

I have some Fogdog auto regular seeds. Out of 3 popped seeds… one is male. I’ve never done a seed run so I just was curious if I isolated the male with one of the females. What the resulting seeds would be.

1 Like

Assuming the fog dog auto is a stable auto then you will 100% get all the auto seeds you can possibly use.( regular auto)

Hmmm I was hoping for that…. But figured that was too easy lol

Thanks for the reply :relaxed:

Thats what They want you to think. You buy more seeds more money in their pocket.
Its also so easy to make femmed seeds im amazed i put it off for so long.

2 Likes

lol yeah probably right :grin:

So along the same lines……

I’m completely new to autos…. And for that matter, new to doing a seed run…. I have no idea when I should dust the female or should I just isolate the two and let it happen whenever it happens.

Problem is I’m not sure how I’d isolate them as I grow everything in a single greenhouse typically … lol

you will find plenty of info doing searches. My rule of thumb is wait for the buds to be the size of a pinky before dusting not so much a specific day/week.
Isolating is certainly an issue. Spraying water with a mister is said to help trap and deactivate pollen. Let me know what you find out in your searches. Especially if having two or more males.

1 Like

hey didnt you enter my give ay away last night? send me those deets

If you have three FogDog autoflower pants(reg), and one is male…you can leave it to pollinate others.
The will all be autoflowers.
This will result in the next filial generation of the FogDog auto reg.
:wink::+1:t3:

2 Likes

It’s definitely right my friend ! I’ve got about 40k auto reg and fem seeds I’ve pollen chucked. They want you to think only they can do this. :nauseated_face:

This one is grown by @BIGJ and one of my creations it’s Pinot Noir (Meph) x Galaxy Brain S1 (my selection) one of the dankest autos I’ve grown….

Just a little mixing(unless you have regs), some spraying, some patience and you’ve got seeds.

5 Likes

So my male is dropping pollen, I see it on the dirt below the plant.

I’m unsure of how long they will make pollen lol … I’m such a newb.

Included pics of both male and female