Popping beans

Yoooo. Hello. I was having trouble getting some really great, old school genetics to pop for me. The paper towel and the ziploc bag isn’t quite my bag lol. I have had some success popping vegetables in little to go containers like this. Within 12 hours they started to pop up no problem. No scratching them, no soaking, just putting them in this little things that so frequently get tossed in the trash. That’s all. ThanksUploading: CEFF395E-2AFA-4366-8371-40513DCDEADE.jpeg...

18 Likes

Love the re-use, and best of luck. I’m completely opposite, popping in media has never worked for me but the soak and paper towel is my go to.

4 Likes

So are you having issues or just saying this is a good way to germinate?

12 hours isn’t a very long time for cannabis. In the paper towel method, it will take at least 24 hours to sprout tails and then a day or two to pop above soil. Just sowing in the medium, you’re looking at least 48 hours usually more like 72+.

7 Likes

My preferred method is solo cups with coco coir. I use a sandwich baggie as a humidity dome for the first 3-5 days as needed, and I can keep a plant going in a solo cup for upwards of 30 days no problem.

6 Likes

You guys i don’t have one but you ever heard about the instapot on the yogurt setting

Super pro

3 Likes

Great minds think alike! Night Terror OG, but mine’s in a cookie container from the supermarket bakery.

9 Likes

I got a multi pack with a few different sizes, they were the smallest and i folded the tops down to make them a bit more stiff to fill up.

4 Likes

This looks similar to JonnyPotSeeds method, in his container he has a 1/4" of Earth Worm Castings.
Very good germination response!

What are you using for a medium in the container?

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I couldn’t get anything to pop for about a week, turned around and put them in this set up and have seen almost all off them pop at this point.

3 Likes

Great idea! How long are you leaving them in before potting up?

1 Like

Nice, I’m glad you found what works for you!

I prefer the paper towel because I can see what’s happening, and once they grown out its easier to transplant.
If I have enough seeds I chunk them in dirt
It just depends for me.
Soaking is OK, but the paper towel does that
To.
I find seeing them keeps me from dicking with them to soon.

1 Like