Pre-Flower Pollination by 180

Hopefully other’s will find the content of use.

I’m still trying to hunt down an article I remember reading that calls for using a bag with pollen in it to pollinate a single branch. @V4vendetta is in the process of pollinating his entire grow. Not to say I disagree with what he’s doing since I’m sure he knows exactly what he is up to, but all of that seed just seems painful for any need I’ll ever have…

3 Likes

I have to come back and read this… looking for something else atm. lol.

I had a plant pollinate his sisters that way. I’ll stop back in. I never thought of it before, but these plants were so fertile with huge pre flowers and I had huge seeds in their place a month later!

Cool to see it mentioned. Thanks! I’ll be back to read the first part.

peace

4 Likes

Thanks @Schmokey! I wish I’d have thought ahead and copied down some of the old threads. I’m glad that so much information has been saved, but so much more was lost. OG 1.0 was truly a special place.

5 Likes

You’re quite welcome Chronic. I had a sneaky suspicion the RCMP weren’t far off when I started ripping stuff. Unfortunately, I didn’t get near as much as I’d liked to have. There is quite a bit of the old stuff here already, I’m just doing my bit to fill in holes where I can. Some of that stuff is like literary gold and deserves it’s place where all can share in the wisdom!

The original contributors deserve all of the thanks and credit for this work, not me.

I put OT1’s Hash Press up tonight and SCW’s skuff tumbler as well.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

I remember that skuff tumbler. Pretty ingeniously made I must say.

3 Likes

Aye, that it was laddie. There was a hell of a lot of ingenious DIY stuff that got lost when OG went down.

As much as I’d like to have them in their own topic to give credit where I feel it’s due (Ot1, SCW), I ended up adding them existing related topics.

SCW’s skuff tumbler (you’ll find the link for Ot1’s hash press at the bottom of the post.)

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s my experience and I’ll have to find my pics. It was eye opening for me and the first thing that came to my mind was that you could get seeds without the energy busting regular way. The pre-flowers on my plants were super fertile. The seeds started forming immediately and they were all beautifully mature. The seeds were also finished about halfway though flowering. That’s when it really hit me.

I’ve been saving pollen a little and it’s perfect to do a nice neat dusting of just the pre-flowers and let the grow proceed. I want to try this on other plants now.

Thanks for sharing @Schmokey!

peace

2 Likes

Just doing my part G. Don’t mention it.

Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve told the story before but it’s actually how I found the second version of Ovegrow was even around. I made the FAQ with my Kief box design back in the day, anyhow, I was telling a friend about it and I checked google for it and low and behold there was Og v2.0.

I wish I had saved some of the old OG as well, after the crash I was so skittish I saved the teks I wanted to remember from shroomery. It still appears to be around.

You’ doing God’s work @Schmokey, keep it up!

5 Likes

I’m merely following in the footsteps of other who have gone before me. There’s a surprising amount of the old stuff kicking around here. In fact, I’m almost feeling inadequate in that so much of what I saved is already here.

Looking for any of the shroom stuff @riahgorl_1 ? Got a good bit of that too! Not sure what all I have of that aspect of getting mellow, as I haven’t dug into it yet. If there is anything you need that you think I may have (screenshot of my shroom sub-directory below), feel free to ask.

5 Likes

Naw man I’ve got all I need for the shroom side of things. That’s a helluva good collection too. Man you were on it.

2 Likes

Like most people, I run a lot faster scared than mad. Had a feeling OG was gonna go down so I started ripping.

I took a quick look, and being honest, it seems lot of my myco stuff isn’t from OG. I’m a pack-rat when it comes to information and I’ll post up anything I have if someone wants it.

Sharing is why we’re all here.

3 Likes

@Pedro_Bann…great read and I need to start doing this sort of stuff but it’s scary…maybe we should of done something like this with the big bud lol

3 Likes

Scary until you gather your first lot of seeds, then it is an addiction like smoking ice… You HAVE to do it again and again.

8 Likes

Brilliant !!
:beers:

3 Likes

LMAO! I’m finding this out. “I can’t quit you, man!”

2 Likes

Bump! I’ve been thinking about this and the subject has come up and I’ve asked and learned a bit. But here it is! Only difference is, I’m thinking about pollinating during veg…

Interesting to see if the seeds develop during veg like under normal flowering conditions.

Well people apparently put plants back into veg after pollenating, which made me think of the preflowers with white hairs. I just read a post from @Hugh_Glass where he said a male he was collecting pollen from seeded his clones in veg.

We need him to tell us how that worked out. How revolutionary could that be.
Harvest your seeds before flowering?

1 Like