Has anyone ever put their pollinated plant in 18-6

I am about to try putting this plant that was fem pollinated in 18-6 for next 4 weeks. I NEED THE SPACE TO TRY AND WIN SOLO CUP CHALLENGE. Does anyone think it will effect my seeds from growing properly?

7 Likes

It really shouldn’t as they are already pollinated… I’ve heard a few breeders pollinating ladies and then putting them pack in veg, harvesting seeds when ready, and then flowering the plant and either do it again or let it finish… Time taker yes… But perpetual seed harvest idea…

11 Likes

I’m sure I’ve read it before too. After all its already pregnant. I’m going for it.

2 Likes

I’ve heard it done before too, but I haven’t tried. I have plants that I pollinated a couple weeks ago and I may try it, starting tomorrow. I basically would open up the tent during the day and get free light in hopes that it would finish off the seeds earlier. My main concern is a herm. I wonder if it would take the plant more energy in focusing on creating a herm or even worse a herm forms and then pollinates the plant. At this point I think any accidental selfing will result in immature seeds, but I wouldn’t want a mature one to sneak in there and be different than my cross or the plant even putting energy into those selfed seeds.

3 Likes

The 18 hours may also make the seeds more developed. I’m not sure what hormones would change and how that would effect flowering after putting the pollinated plant back into a veg light cycle.

3 Likes

I’ll sacrifice this round for science so we’ll all know before to long.

8 Likes

I will also sacrifice for science by opening up the tent starting tomorrow. The light won’t be that strong on the off hours; I’ll be close to 20 hours light with 8 of those hours having light in a normal bedroom with a couple windows.

1 Like

indica seeds of unknown strain… maybe kush!

they are growing…I guess it is working to our expectations.

1 Like

Following wanna see how this turns out

1 Like

I guess it really will depend on how seeds develop. Are they just constantly developing or is it one of those processes that happen during the dark period.

1 Like

I really interested in this as well, curious to see how it develops.

Cheers Johnny

1 Like

Not at all. Did exactly this with a couple plants full of preflowers earlier this year.

6 Likes

I have done it a few times it works well and the seeds viable. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I’ve been doing the extra light for a week now, it seems to be working fine. I can see a little reveg beginning, small leaves in the buds, but the seeds still seem to be forming. I have some aphids and they reproduce so fast. I’ve been trying not to spray neem, insecticidal soap because I don’t want to get the seeds wet. I think the 18 hours of light may be giving the aphids more vegetative matter to eat, but I will continue with the extra light since hearing that it works well.

4 Likes

Good to cross paths again Pedro…Been awhile.

1 Like

So this thread just blew my mind. I had no idea this was a thing. Please keep us updated! Interested to see if the seeds develop faster! I am subbed!

3 Likes

Do the seeds grow faster?

It seems to be working fine, but I wonder if it changes hormones necessary for seed production. Maybe the seeds will be less viable? I hope not because I have a lot of seeds riding on this.

Nope just the same as usual.

2 Likes