Precious Metals

I got a nice return off half my stimulus check going into metals. I’ve never looked back. I sold off probably 100oz of silver a day before the crash. I don’t know what it is but I just have luck with metals hardly nothing else. You can find sellers on social media who sell cheaper than your primary dealers.

2 Likes

Yeah IG has been nice for shopping around for small purchases.

Price is high now so I’m wary of buying more. But premiums are crazy which points to real demand being much higher.

Theres even “gambling” of metals online where x amount of spots at a certain price for a certain thing where people pay for spots via PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, etc. I’ve won tons of silver for cheap that way and flipped it to gold but seen a fake PAMP float by that group so I’m real hesitant on people who won’t do the verification scan on PAMP or anything that offers verification. Some Coca-Cola coins have scan codes.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t buy a larger amount from a stranger, I usually just buy vintage 1oz rounds/bars that aren’t likely to be fake. I collect a little Engelhard, but my favorite coin is Maple Leafs. Bigger stuff is always LCS or one of the major online dealers.

I saw an ad for fake PAMP and Perth gold bars the other day for like $19…good luck getting your money back on that one lol. They even do fake silver eagles lol.

As prices move up you’ll see it more and more.

I don’t think I would buy anything from a private party. I saw some pre 1964 Silver Dollars in China town once for like $5 each. They were tarnished and everything. For a minute, I thought I was going to buy the whole box and make a killing but then figured these are probably fake.

I use APMEX. They have been good so far, run specials, and offer free shipping on orders over $100 I think it is.

1 Like

I got the bug back when Jr Bush took office, it was just shy of $300… a zip and silver was $4.00ish a zip. Stopped buying at $1,000.00 for gold, and $18.00 silver.
Run gold run!!

2 Likes

My son found this 11 oz nugget down the hill with my detector . Wow 001

7 Likes

That’s a new car or down payment on a house! Insane

1 Like

Where do you live? Just kidding.

1 Like

lol exact geographic coordinates would be helpful…

on a completely unrelated note, @gramps would you say you’re going on vacation soon?

Comacus, you be digger, I’ll be foreman. Foreman sits in the house and smokes joints.

3 Likes

I’ve been on vacation over twenty years . Most of the gold we find is small but once in awhile a little nugget will show . I’m in the central Sierra Nevada foothills N. California

3 Likes

Some of you won’t deal with secondary sellers due to the fear of the unknown with “fakes” (aka unable to determine sellers worth dealing with) but pay almost 30% over spot just to deal with a primary dealer which tells me a lot of people don’t really know how primary and secondary works, assuming secondary its just some guy selling random coins.

Have fun with that, which is why I continue to do well and is exactly how people get stuck in the metal trap with “I spent all this money and I can’t do anything with it because I paid too much”

1 Like

Had access to over 70 grams at $70 this weekend. Cheapest you’ll get is $85-89/g on APMEX. Spot is $63 right now.

1 Like

The price of fractional is really high on the big sites, but premiums for larger generic stuff is very reasonable.

It only takes one fake to really fuck up the average.

I’ve gotten a good amount of smaller silver stuff from private sellers but no way I’m dropping more than a couple hundred with a stranger. Many of the IG sellers are actual established coin storefronts who do business on there, much more trustworthy. I like collecting but IDK if I’d ever attend a show, seems I’d hemorrhage cash. I also like LCS, always fun there.

1 Like