Properly flushed final product

Walter ā€œHeisenbergā€ White, worried about his product and made it exceptionally good. It reached Europe. Quality, knowledge and good will together are unstoppable; no matter what you doā€¦

5 Likes

too bad Walter White doesnā€™t existā€¦ :wink:
reality is that on illegal markets wet, uncured weed is the normā€¦
DS

3 Likes

One of us, has to be worthy enough to rise up and beā€¦ LOL

3 Likes

I find that with proper feeding (without over feeding), no leaching is required. My EC rarely exceeds 1.2. In my experience, black ash is due to most moist (un-dry) conditions.

Hereā€™s a random unflushed-un-dried flower of mine:

It did not stay lit, and burnt black.

Hereā€™s a flower off the same plant, still unflushed, but dry and cured:

ā€¦and after some burnage:

10 Likes

Just curious,
Why donā€™t you finish with a flush.
Itā€™s not bad looking, but I believe you can achieve a cleaner burn than that.

2 Likes

I agree with Dumme that overfert ruins any taste. There are people here that have constant tip burn on their plants, going to EC 2.4 in hydro and still complaining in growshop that they want another bottle to boost their buds ;). Some even like that chemical taste, i think they must be already hooked to phosphorus :wink:

I believe that Dummeā€™s aquaponics with its lower concentrations can do really well and work without flushing. And technically it would be probably harder to manage flushing in aquaponics, cause you need some other plants to ā€œdrawā€ nutrients out of solution constantly (instead of the ones being flushed) otherwise you could harm the fish.

6 Likes

Love this topic. As an organic gardener I donā€™t really do a ā€œflushā€. I do however let my micro organisms die off and the soil dry out more at the end though. Iā€™m usually only using water during the entire grow except for the occasional compost tea, so there arenā€™t any chemicals to flush out. HOWEVER, you can end up having too much nitrogen locked in the plant when you chop if you arenā€™t careful, and especially if youā€™ve over fed. The ash is very telling of the growers practices.

4 Likes

Exactly!
Hydro/Organic/Outdoorā€¦Excess Nitrogen is the main reason for charcoal-like burn, if you ask me.
Iā€™m a chronic over fertilizer on my outdoor stuff. Itā€™s organic but usually burns like shit from too much bloodmeal/manure
ā€¦I donā€™t feel so alone now LOL :smiley:

4 Likes

You are definitely not alone. Unfortunately, itā€™s a problem that goes beyond the things we mentioned. It takes a lot more than a 2 week water only ā€œflushā€ to drop that ppm to under 100. ESPECIALLY if the plants have been over fed with ā€œkong dongā€™s bud fattenerā€ or what ever the hellā€¦plus if you are actually sick and are buying unflushed, improperly finished flowers, then you could actually be causing more problems. Donā€™t even get me started on concentratesā€¦ Sorry for the rant. If youā€™ve ever hacked up a lung after inhaling some hot ass spiderweb feeling smoke, then you know where Iā€™m coming from.

3 Likes

Iā€™m wondering ur thoughts on flushing now that Iā€™ve seen you mention it and Iā€™m not trying to be rude but are you like the owner of og I see you everywhere

1 Like

I wonā€™t repost here everything I have already said on this topic, just to repost links to images of my unflushed, but properly cured, weed and it smokes just the same as your flushed, cured weed.

I think it was even the same image you posted that I responded to.

Anyway, you are showing your weed is well cured, IMO the flushing is not so important.

EDIT :

This is my opinion on flushing

EDIT 2:

and here is the post where I posted the image of my unflushed ash

https://overgrow.com/t/pgr-lets-talk-about-it/7007/48?u=microdoser

EDIT 3 :

Same here. This cycle the maximum I went was a TDS of 580 (EC 1.16) and they seemed to want it lower next time. Next time, I think I will see if they prefer closer to 530. The more I learn, the lower my EC gets, and the higher my yield and quality go.

1 Like

Yours is smooth smoke / white ash 2, days after harvest?

cured=flushed.

Do one or the other and you get smooth clean smoking weed. Do both if you like but there is no reason to.

Your reply when seeing my ash was

1 Like

But if you donā€™t flush it, you have to wait till itā€™s cured to smoke it, no? Mine smokes like a ciggy right after harvest (unless its not flushed all the way), smooth hits/white ash.

1 Like

Oh yes!

You better believe he is! The one who brought all of us back together!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great good site should be very proud of it and how much itā€™s helped everyone here

Exactly. Itā€™s all about if itā€™s properly dried. Personally i donā€™t flush unless Iā€™m using a bunch of chemical nutes. But thatā€™s where the crackling harshness can come from. I think it really depends on how youā€™re growing though.

this is why you grow 100% organic soil w/ whole nutrients, never any worries about flushing, perfect white ash every time.

5 Likes

Got here before me, again!

99%

2 Likes

I try to limit harping go-organic posts to one per month. :smiley:

4 Likes