Who reduces N in flowering?

I don’t! I’ve been growing in coco and using a modified Lucas formula (GH Micro and Bloom at 6:9 ratio) through the whole grow with good results. I taper off near the end but keep the ratio the same.

I know a lot of people adjust their nutrients based on life stage. If you are one of them I’d like to hear about it. What do you do and why?

Thanks

4 Likes

i dont but i am using 1 part lucas formula (only maxibloom for veg and bloom.) i sometimes add molasses or epsom salts.

I also don’t. And tbh I got better results after I put a tad of “grow” nutes at the lucas formula. Like 1 part grow for each 3 parts bloom (plus the micro) or even 1 part for 2.

Now I am using Canna nutrients (Aqua Flores) and they seem to have plenty of N in them.
That’s at least my experience, Lucas have plenty of N, but IMHO not enough.

1 Like

I keep my soil alive and feed it up to and past harvest. :thumbsup:

1 Like

OOOOoohhhh! This is the hydroponics section. Dirt farmers have there own place. We’re more interested in growing plants here.:wink:

2 Likes

yeah coco may be hydro but i definitely treat it like soil. i didn’t notice the section. i’ve found nitrogen levels to be sufficient with maxibloom. if i need more N i just increase the dosage for everything. i liked megacrop while i was testing it too but it’s specifically designed to be a complete one part. i’ve heard people having good results using it in RDWC and ebb/flow

As a Coco grower I do but not as much as traditional methods, compared to early growth i may taper off nitrogen 30-40% in total concentration but i have found that feeding nitrogen pretty much to the end vs some growers cutting it severely is more detrimental than productive and that my plants seem and look healthier running decent levels right to the end, and i dont flush.

Oops, in that case… The one time I did a hydro plant, I used Lucas and flushed with plain water the last week. That was autos in my hempy party cup. :thumbsup:

need to cut nitrogen out after flower stretch.

1 Like

I switch ratios according to grow cycle.

1 Like

There often doesn’t seem to be enough N in bloom feed so i add in a small amount of grow until around halfway through flowering. Lots of people end up with pale plants which appear to finish early if they change to bloom feed only right away after they switch em. It also depends on the nutes and the dose you use, plant strain, light level, heat etc :grinning:

It’s been a long while since I’ve done hydro. I like simplicity, so I like to go with the same nutrients the whole grow, and then add extra p and k in flower. Preferably the nitrogen levels never hits the dark green stage and will fade naturally.

2 Likes

Good-luck flushing it out.

Feed grow nutes until week 2 or 3 of flower, once stretch is over switch to flower nutes

With my tomatoes I have a specific mix that is based on commercial growers that has 5 different NPK ratios depending on number of nodes and trusses
basically tapering N out

1 Like

Flushing is a conspiracy, created by the globalists to help crooked Hillary spread GMOs and autism to the people who don’t vaccinate their children. I thought you of all people would know that @Scissor-Hanz

5 Likes

A sweet, wonderful woman like Hillary would never do something like that.

3 Likes

i use the same nutrients for the whole grow, increasing feed every week or 2 and peak about halfway thru flower then ramp down

1 Like

That’s funny but true! I don’t have to worry about either!

Everything in here sounds to complicated to me it’s like trying to figure out differential equations! LOL :joy: