Properly flushed final product

Exactly. It’s all about if it’s properly dried. Personally i don’t flush unless I’m using a bunch of chemical nutes. But that’s where the crackling harshness can come from. I think it really depends on how you’re growing though.

this is why you grow 100% organic soil w/ whole nutrients, never any worries about flushing, perfect white ash every time.

5 Likes

Got here before me, again!

99%

2 Likes

I try to limit harping go-organic posts to one per month. :smiley:

4 Likes

Question for the organic growers: @Muleskinner, @99PerCent
Wouldn’t you say that you still need the proper ratio of fertilizer? For example, if I plant one in my tomato garden (high N organic soil) it grows great. But when I roll joints with it, they burn like a chicken bone.
I though the philosophy was to add just enough fertilizer so that you achieve a fan leaf fade similar to a flushed, hydroponically grown plant?

example: @Ryasco’s Orange Creamsicle fading at day 49:

For the hydroponic growers:
I’ve never heard anyone even attempt to give a reason for WHY you would want to dump nutes on a plant in the last 2 weeks? What is the benefit? In the last 2 week, the plant is fully formed structurally. We’re just waiting for the glands to swell, no? Even if the smoke comes out fine, why waste the nutrients? One of you guys who is militantly against flushing, please explain.

3 Likes

A high N soil is too hot.

It seems that it does take 50 ingredients to get the right mix, but honestly, they seem to need as much porocity as food, so keep it to maybe just a little more than they need. Just the same, not sure what you are experiencing.

Maybe I am OK with awful weed ??? :confused:

1 Like

There’s different preferences.
The only time I’d flush is with Walmart quality nutrients.
The plant usually only uptakes what’s needed and it’s broken down prior to hitting the stem.
Overly dry buds aren’t very popular out here.

3 Likes

From my understanding of how organics work all the amendments we use have all the macro and micro nutrients available in the soil, they are only plant available when the plant( cannabis ) requires them meaning plants send the required exudates through its roots into the soil calling for example N it would then send a specific exudate that would attract and feed nitrifying bacteria the bacteria in turn gives back to the plant what it needs the N , when it’s breaks down the nitrogen component in the soil the bacterias :poop: is what feeds the plant 24/7 a beautiful symbiotic relationship that’s happens all right around the rizosphere! No excessive nutrients in the plants anytime! Just good clean smoke! No flushing required.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong in reducing nutrient strength towards the end. A finishing plant cant use much anyway and who wants to smoke loads of chlorophyll.

2 Likes

That theory would lead one to believe there is no way to over fertilize and organically fed plant?

5 Likes

I’m giving a 6-paper joint of tomato patch buds to each of you in Oct…but you only get 1 match! :laughing: jk.

2 Likes

Or fertilize it at all lol
Before I got onto the Megacrop budwagon, I would just feed the soil

1 Like

With the minimum the of inputs already in the soil at recommended dry nutrients needed per cf yes that’s the theory, I’v never overload a soil and let it “cook” so to say before planting like some growers do, when that’s done with blood meal and High N products like guanos a recomposting process is starting over which is not good for plants growing in it, then your just cooking the roots anyways= not good dead plants!

2 Likes

I’ll keep the eternal flame going! Might take an effort to get it to the west coast but I think it can be done! LOL

1 Like

big-bear, so with the megacrop nutrients you are still dumping some in your res in say… week 9? My question has been that I don’t understand what you think the benefit is? I just see it as pouring nutes/cash down the drain.

I should have put hydroponics in the thread title. I underestimated the tenacity of the organic-army when I first started this. When you guys hear the word “flush”… it’s an automatic mandatory ear beating, huh? :laughing: Just kiddin’ with ya, guys :wink:

5 Likes

Love it @Scissor-Hanz I got my laugh :joy: in for the day! TY

1 Like

Lol yeah we do get sensitive about that for some reason.
I probably will quit feeding the last two weeks and leave it at coconut milk and molasses.
Give the plant time to wind down processes.
If leaves are showing fade then we’re probably not eating as much.
Agreed, waste of fertilizer.
Likely also the case in hydro.

3 Likes

With organic soil all the nutrients are present in the living soil for the entire growing cycle. The seabird guano is in the seedling mix and flowering mix. The idea is that the plants take up the nutrients when they need them. I don’t know how to explain it in techincal terms like root exudates, etc :smiley: I refuse to learn that stuff.

You don’t flush anything out. What about vegetable gardens and farms? You don’t flush them out. You dig in the compost at the beginning of the season and that’s it.

In my experience the different “fade” of plants is mostly genetic. When everything is dialed in some stay green till the end and some fade out. If something is wrong they tend to fade out sooner. You can definitely over-fertilize, if too much blood meal or guano is in the soil they’ll burn up and there’s nothing you can do about it. Flushing makes it worse, just accelerates the release of nutrients.

3 Likes

Right, excess nutrients in an organic soil will still stop them from fading properly. Excess nitrogen specifically, and as a double-whammy it wastes energy, because the plant won’t slow down assimilating it when there is too much.
And over-liming, especially with dolomite, can give buds that crackling fire sound as the excess magnesium burns.

3 Likes