PROTOCOL 0 "clean your plants"

Survive this, Motherfuckers.

12 Likes

There we go! Now, to dissect the rest of the plant, and check for trichomes. I’m going to keep the mother plants around… outside in the garden. That way predatory pressure can fuck up the remaining spider mites. No, I’m not bringing the plants inside, that part is complete.

9 Likes

Oh yah this time I used a tooth brush on the sticks. Scrubbed them starting at the end of the stalk and working upwards towards the growth tip. Under the vegetable sprayer. And I put a bit of nutrient solution in there to make sure the sticks have something to live off of.

7 Likes

Brother, when you said sticks, you meant it!! Following along!

2 Likes

Yo Joe, nIce to watch The Master at work! :+1:

So, how did you know that Pyrethrin had been applied? I have used the synthetic version, Permethrin, to knock out thrips, and I didn’t detect any after effects on the plants cept dead bugs.

-Grouchy

3 Likes

Source: trust me bro.
heh heh just kidding. I see damage like this is generated on the tiny growth shoots when you spray the plant about a dozen times. It’s been a while since the last spray!

2 Likes

Here are the sticks! They are growing new leaves. By the time they are rooted, I expect them to almost look like plants again.

8 Likes

hah hah Protocol 0 was the first process I introduced to OG when I arrived here. Some people flew into a rage! NEW IDEA!!! FUCK YOU! Some people promised me you can’t root a stick. Meh. Reminds me of the Phds who told me you can’t get rid of mildew. Heyyy don’t be so shocked it works, took me like 6 months to figure it out. Trust me, nobody wants to go through the same hell. Eventually I came out the other side. uhhh a stronger grower because of it… something like that. Or… scarred by trials, lol! whatevs, the big bud strain was the first victim of protocol 0, I wiped out a spider mite infestation that was complete. Each plant dripping with webs and mites back in 2017 the year of terror.

9 Likes

You can see shit is still happening. The sticks are regenerating! I expect all of them to root.

7 Likes

lol! Dont’ worry, doing the protocol 0 gives me a low-grade anxiety, which is fucking strange considering it’s never failed.

5 Likes

It’ll be another 5-10 days until they are rooted.

7 Likes

In case anyone is wondering: Yes, It’s easy to wash bugs off of a tiny stick with no leaves.
Turns out the spider mite eggs are little balls hanging off a leaf. Which I get rid of. Then wash any nymphs off the stalk. I’ll be examining them with 10X loupe in a couple days. Make sure I don’t see any little turd lovers aka mites.

6 Likes

You can see the leaves are still growing. It’s a very good sign :smiley:

7 Likes

Here we go! Things are looking nominal.

8 Likes

If you look really close at the magnifying shot, you’ll notice the complete lack of mites.

4 Likes

Still kicking!

8 Likes

Ahh shit! I got the clones too far down in the water, so it wicked up on two of them. Third is fine though. It’s really hazardous when there is nutrient. I was looking at the one on the right with a beady eye.

2 Likes

I think I might try and alter the protocol! The nutrient solution is too hazardous in the first week. IF you don’t make sure the plant is high enough up, it’ll die.

5 Likes

I’ve had good luck with this. I have done it twice and had success both times. I have used a little bit of Superthrive in the res and that seems to help.

2 Likes

I grow complacent over time with the rules, lol! fighting myself on my own set of rules to create a fuckup. That’s me! I’ll learn eventually! :rofl:

4 Likes