PROTOCOL 0 "clean your plants"

It’s this one!

I’m gonna be trying out next week!

3 Likes

Check this out … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!! You gave me great information. Now I have a plan of attack.

1 Like

FWIW, here is our SOP for incoming clones, aka foreign clones:

• The clone gets dunked in Athena IPM
  • We aren’t doing this but should be: Send a snipping out for HLV testing. We will be adding this step soon.
  • Goes in to iso, can be a tent, a closet, a box with low power light, whatever keeps it away from the general population
  • Clone is observed for 2-3 weeks for any signs of pests or pathogens. If all is good, we take cuts from it. The original foreign clone never joins the general population, nor does the media in came in.
  • Those cuts are dunked in IPM, and then join the general population

Lot of steps, but it tends to keep the bad stuff away. Quite a few have failed that would have caused an outbreak if not for the SOP.

6 Likes

It might seem like a lot of steps but in the long run it’s for the best.

I assume its better to get snips vs clones because they already come rooted in a plug?

Unless you just dip until you meet the surface of the plug?

1 Like

I’ve had some really big issues in the past.

Now it’s this once a week in veg and haven’t had an issue since.

1 Like

Garden soap and micronized sulfur powder is really all I use on incoming clones and mother plants now. Plants that are small enough get a swirly and soak in a 1gal pitcher of garden soap solution with 4 tablespoons of powdered sulfur added, or 1 tablespoon per quart/liter if you’re putting it in a pressurized sprayer for bigger plants. IDK about adding alcohol to the mix (supposedly dries out the eggs) but do not use a sulfur treatment along with an oil based. The soap drowns the bugs, so a dunk is better than spraying. The sulfur itself is also said to help with mite control.

4 Likes

Awesome write up thanks for sharing the love homie

3 Likes

Credit to @Naptown916 for that work, but I’m happy to provide the connection!

4 Likes

You should also be careful of the powdery mildew parasite. That shit is no joke if you don’t know how to handle it!

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been discussed, but after the initial intake of the new clone, how frequently is everyone treating to break the life cycle of potential pests?

1 Like

I just do the protocol once. Wash all the bugs off in one go!

2 Likes

Bryan from Catapult here. The space Runtz from Tiki shows variegation regularly and it is well known. I have no idea what “parasites” you are speaking of in this thread. I haven’t stocked that strain in over 18 months so if you can show me the test results of TMV or any other viroid being present I will gladly refund or re ship even 18 months after the fact. As far as “parasites” or pests, I call bullshit. I haven’t dealt with any pest pressure in over 5 years. But hey, like I said, I have a 1000% guarantee so holler at me if you have any evidence of what you are saying and I will make it right regardless. Catapultclones@gmail.com

errr… and might I add… “what?”

4 Likes

That’s a creative way to avoid paying for advertising :joy:

I’m going to try this protocol zero when I get the courage to bring some clones in again though. As usual many thanks.

3 Likes

Hol-ee-shite! I’m gonna be doing the protocol 0 again. I’m bringing in a clone from a spider mite infested grow. This time, I’ll use a drop of aloe vera juice as a surfactant on the bugs. The original owner of the clones probably wants me to clean them and give him some back. I wonder if he’s got the mildew as well? mm spider mites and mildew, now that would be fun! I’ll keep the clones in quarantine clone area until they are ready. Hopefully I can get like 6-8 clones, that way I can be really abusive to them.

6 Likes

Here’s the isolation chamber. It’s a prescribed 6 meters away from the cultivation room. Never seen anything magically jump that gap without help. I’ll get this shit out of here and vacuum it out! Then move the small clone machine in there. I want to get 6 clones but I know that’s against the rules. Fucking rules say one clone per hole and no more. grrrr who made these rules? hah hah!

4 Likes

Isolation chamber secure. I think it’s time to try and round up the plant samples! I’ll clean them and bring them into isolation for studying. If I do the protocol 0 correctly…and it’s pretty simple, I’ll have some new plants. I forget what the strain is, but I’ll get that part written down. I think there is some kind of purple?

5 Likes

The donor of the plant samples was really pumped about me using my artist skill to crank out prize winning bubble hash. I said I’m a next level motherfucker. hah hah he knows that already.

5 Likes

Samples secure. mmm more like spider mites secure! Also, I can see they have been sprayed with poison recently.

I assume some kind of poison to deal with this shit. It’ll never work. Fucking poison fail! Well… ok it was pyrethins I can see the damage. So it’s not like some kind of systemic poison.

6 Likes