Psychometrics - not a seed co - but WTF

how much water is in the air of a 30 cu ft. volume at sea level, 75F, 100%RH? i’m having difficulty controlling humidity & just found PM. :unamused:

:chart_with_upwards_trend:

:evergreen_tree: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/maximum-moisture-content-air-d_1403.html
~24g per m3, so something like a pound and a half?
Drop that to 50F and damn near pint of water falls out of the air

6 Likes

PM sucks :sweat:, here’s some additional info … :sunglasses:

Edit: Some 404 but it is not my fault … search|nullxnullfrech|nullxnull

5 Likes

aint nothing like overgrow.

4 Likes

Are you living In a :cloud_with_rain: that’s a lot of rh for that temp. At 75f with the lights on, my room sits at 40-50% rh. I gets bad here come August, I have to run air-conditioning to keep temps and rh down then.

2 Likes

No, but I’ve been experimenting with smaller grow enclosures using panda film & PC fans for circulation & passive exchange. Sloppiness with light leaking out led to covering at night to sleep :sweat_smile: I’m winging it with ultra-cheap equipment to get some lessons about indoor environment control before I get some :moneybag: & buy proper lighting & whatnot.

It seems there is a “happy” ratio of water:grow-tent-vol:whole-building-volume but I’m not sure what it is & suspect it is a “sliding scale” to be adjusted per outdoor climate/geography. I.e. (water:tent:building) x CFM exhange w/outdoor ??? :thinking:

Some people crowd a tent & others grow a one plant SOG & only some of them have PM. :sweat_smile:

For comparison, an overloaded greenhouse will have humidity issues more so than a nearly empty one with a few plants. :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :sweat_drops: :palm_tree: :palm_tree:

When I moved the small tent from an open living room to a secluded NW corner bedroom (where I huff all day :dizzy_face:) and the RH became a problem. Keeping them in the bedroom may not last long & I can’t cut holes or modify the house(landlord). Might play with ducting. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Yeah my room RH is totally dependant on the RH outside, If its wet then the fan will run constantly, but its only sucking in more humid air, which is why the air con becomes necessary in late July.

The only times I have had PM is when the rooms are loaded more than usual so you just have to remember to defoliate more, which cuts down there expiration ability and allows more air flow. Always choices and compromises, cause and affect, I try and take the middle road, between cost and performance lol.

2 Likes