Punks Not Dead

Thought it was excellently well made. Sid and Nancy is a classic tho. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I love that flick. The fact that it isn’t available on any streaming service really pisses me off, so a while back I was like,”Fuck streaming!” and bought the dvd from Criterion (gasp! A dvd!). My girl had never seen it before and after we watched it, she said,”I feel dirty…” haha.

4 Likes

First movie I took my wife to when we started dating. She asked “Who’s Sid and Nancy?” lol.

The best part was when Sid blew the snot bubble and a group in front of us got up and walked out.

3 Likes

What? That’s ridiculous. That’s like an hour-and-a-half into the movie. They couldn’t wait another twenty minutes? The snot bubble on the subway was a “bridge too far”?

Gawddamn, I hate everybody haha…

3 Likes

Hey mate sorry for the late reply, I had heard of them but didn’t know their sound too well… I just had a quick listen, I’ll definitely have a more lengthy sample it reminded me of garage punk

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I’ll have to check it out. I like the infamousy of the Pistols and how wild they were but as musicians especially Sid they kind of sucked haha. The Clash were just as relevant at the time and were killer musicians too but I guess unless you weren’t pissing on people and dropping a shit on stage mid set you weren’t punk enough haha

1 Like

Steve Jones wasn’t bad. I like the Pistols more than The Clash, always have. Their sound, the production on their albums, was just better. More raw. Heavier. The Clash always sounded a little too “polished” to me. I do love Joe Strummer’s solo shit, though.

3 Likes
1 Like

Blasphemy! :grin:
Don’t get me wrong, love the Pistols…but I LOVE the Clash. Strummers solo stuff is also great. In case you can’t tell by my avatar. LOL.

Polished? Well they did become decent musicians (Topper was already a great drummer) and towards the end it was going to some of their heads. The Pistols imploded long before they ever played stadiums.

I’m not sure how many concerts I’ve seen, but it’s over a thousand. The Clash was the best I ever saw.

3 Likes

Punk will never Die! embedded into most music since. Just to name 1 out of million choices. Red Hot Chili Peppers who I saw in 1999 in Seattle, WA Paul Allen’s 300-million-dollar Experience Music Project. His idea was to mix Jandra’s in a live massive show. Bands in order.

Open

Kid Rock
Eminem
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Snoop Dogg/ Dre
Metallica

Obvious, Chil Pepper evolved because of Punk.

How many of these other bands in your thoughts could have been bred by Punk Influence?

Show was Ball’s beyond Epic and one of my most spiritual musical experiences, in over 70… :metal:

1 Like

Love Grimple and they love weed too, nice Chong intro on this track

2 Likes

give this shit a bash fellas

~lime~

4 Likes

or this

2 Likes

and maybe this to :upside_down_face:

a lil two tone maybe anyone agree :man_dancing:

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

~lime~

1 Like

Subhumans are touring again, faaark me!!

Shouldn’t be able to advertise DK’s without Jello

7 Likes