Punks Not Dead

Tom Curren at Rincon >

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

I think these dudes do a great post punk thing

4 Likes

Those are some oldies.

I do love the cult. Was one of my favorites. Where is @FattyRoots ? Surfing !!!

1 Like

One famous Aussie
Two South CA
Some random
All 22

5 Likes

I actually have been bro, this week has been cooking

Good Ausy punk from 87’

5 Likes

Wow, it really sucks that I just found this thread… but it’s also pretty cool that I found this thread!!

I read through this thread and most of it is like an acid trip through memory lane. I enjoyed the read.

I was very much into street/ramp skating from ‘79/‘80 all through the 80’s into the early 90’s. I learned to surf with my cousin Matt who lived in San Diego, but I hail from the Mojave Desert… and there, we skate!

My first gig was in late summer of ‘81 (I had just turned 13) and went with friends and their older brothers to see the Reagan Youth, TSOL and the Adolescents and a lot of other opening bands that never became anything more.
That was at the Whiskey A GoGo in Hollywood, I believe. I got a bloody nose from being in the pit… all in all, it was a memorable night of some of the best punk music around at that time!

I remember when pogoing became slam dancing and that became moshing. If it was punk/thrash or metal, I wanted to listen to it.

Now I’m in my mid 50’s and I still enjoy this music so much that I listen to it every day.

Last night at work I was listening to JFA, Subhumans, Ill Repute, Gang Green, Virus, Cro-Mags, Agent Orange, Slayer and ended with Suicidal Tendencies. I have all of it on Spotify.
It makes my night go by quicker if I listen to music, instead of listening to coworkers who constantly bitch about whatever.

Good music is hard to beat! Don’t let punk become forgotten!

7 Likes

all post punk

2 Likes
3 Likes

Anyone seen this bootleg album before?

According to the info on the back cover this was recorded live at the 9:30 Club, April 29 of 1982

4 Likes

never - but theres some info on it online here, and its uploaded on youtube apparently.

2 Likes

Whoa dude! That’s a gem! Ian Mackaye is DCs greatest export.

2 Likes

I beg to differ (respectfully of course)

3 Likes

A worthy counter argument if there ever was one!

3 Likes

I love Bad Brains, but they got a bad rep in the community when HR came out as being homophobic.

4 Likes

Whoa, that’s news to me for sure

2 Likes

Neu! '75

… some say this song, Hero, is where Bowie got the name for his song/album. As well, it’s always reminded me - in setting, anyway - of Iggy Pop’s, The Passanger.
Neu! has two conflicting sides… Acid-drenched mellowness, and hyped-out protopunk… which is what makes them so dynamic and great. Def worth exploring

4 Likes