Punks Not Dead

Killer topic man… punks deffo NOT dead… just today’s musicians are… its sad to see the mainstream do what it does… mcdonalds style our music to an undesirable flavor… it’s a shame because most don’t realize the talent it takes to play shit like this… or the endurance !!! I’ll take the Pepsi challenge with any drummer of any other genre… except jazz on drums… punk is and always will be one of the most energetic hard to endure playing type shit… I have much respect for these people. If anyone wants to disagree… let’s set em up and do some blast beats until one of us sucks buttermilk :laughing:

4 Likes
4 Likes

It used to bore the living fuck out of me… I would hate when my friends put that shit on… for me it was whatever was the best as far as drumming … because I was self taught… imagine how plain and drab a drummer I’d be if I were to fashion my drumming after the grateful dead…lol
Don’t get me wrong… the dead is cool… just don’t think they were incredible musicians… I have no hate for the dead following… I liked drugs too :laughing:
Seems like more and more music is about the look of a singer… or the dance moves on stage… or the cars in the background with a bunch of fake hos everywhere…
In fact MTV has been the death of good music …
Now instead of killer music despite how they look… is pretty people trying to be a musician with has been musical industry dolts telling them what to do… what a joke that is!!!

1 Like

Good obit on Pitchfork:

Rest in Power, DHP

3 Likes

no doubts man :rofl:
sounds pretty emotional lol

1 Like

Social Distortion, best band ever…

Happy Halloween!!

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Don’t get @minitiger started on that :joy:

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Haha, yeah, don’t get me started on Social D. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry-talking about Social D… haha.

I actually had to quit following this thread, just because I was seeing some, uh… questionable bands being posted haha.

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Fun fact: Mike ness actually wrote “mommy’s little monster” about @minitiger :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Nothing screams legit punk more than stating the ideals of acceptance and non judgment while tirelessly policing what is and isn’t “real punk” with a derisive sneer :laughing:

To be fair I have seen some things posted in here that make me wonder what some people think punk rock is but Social D is certainly not on that list and definitely fits the thread. They’re not Crass but they’re a lot closer to them than to Green Day/Blink 182 wannabe punk shit.

1 Like
  1. I was tagged by fattyroots in the very first post. You know, the dude who started this thread.

2. The very first song I posted, way back when this thread was started, was by a band that wouldn’t be considered “punk.” But their whole ethos IS Punk Rock, so… I even mentioned in that very post that the Butthole Surfers don’t technically qualify as “punk” in the truest sense, but they are punk-fucking-rock.

3. You’re misunderstanding my use of the word “questionable.” Maybe I shoulda just said,”Bands I can’t fucking stand.” Does that make it easier for you? Got it now?

2 Likes
2 Likes