Punks Not Dead

“was” is the key word in that statement!

I still ride a skateboard. I’m still wasted :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ya when does skateboarding get to be for youngins only. East coast I’m guessing.

1 Like

I’ve been a big Bad Religion/Pennywise fan since my days of a surfer. Others I recognize as well, NOFX, Descendants, Guttermouth. Thumbing through there’s bands I never heard of, but I bet I can introduce any of you to the same. Unless you know about Amped 2, the greatest snowboarding simulator game, next to Tony Hawk has one of the greatest sound track of punk/emo bands, some being like garage/indie. So check out this playlist I made from the game and see what strikes your fancy.

Amped 2 punk/emo bands soundtrack

2 Likes
5 Likes

Teresa Nervosa has passed into the ether.
Sad news. The Butthole Surfers were a big part of the soundtrack on my early adult years.
As a drummer myself I had nothing but respect for a gal who can lay the skins down in true punk rock fashion.

7 Likes

R.I.P. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sGmSEehi4

2 Likes

Oh man, when you try and let shit go, this band lubricates your mental hand

3 Likes
3 Likes

Lmao I posted that same one a few posts back.not into circle jerks but the band rocks. Uew who even thought of a circle jerk? Just disturbing great bamd but the image that goes with the name.

3 Likes

I submit for your consideration that despite their 90’s catalogue being sun bleached from sheer over-exposure, despite Bono eventually becoming an Honorary African by self declaration, just the kind of “representation” abomination he thought he was opposing, there were yet glory days when they were a band - with a sincere message, talent, and two solid 80’s Irish Punk albums under their wing;
Boy, and War.
If you can listen to these with something like an objective fresh ear, without the pre-sneer of knowledge for what they later become, I think you’ll hear it… not the same biting anger, perhaps. It still goes a bit operatic, experimental, broad… but the heart of resistance is there in songs like
Out of Control and The Refugee. Thus, though they are not… preserved in the amber of time is proof that they Once Were a punk band.
Thank you for coming to my TED Talks.

1 Like
1 Like

her Hotness

Q: is she a punk?
A: I don’t care

6 Likes
2 Likes

one of the best hardcore 7"'s ever

2 Likes

Nice or some sheer terror

Jesse the front man from Op Ivy has been posting some iconic pics lately of the late 80’s Gilman street days…

Anyone listen to the new Rancid album yet? I have not

4 Likes
1 Like