Punks Not Dead

a french one but the content is pure

few classics

misfits id say is borderline rock but had to post it as it was big in my playlist back when i could boardslide my way on a rail

3 Likes

Misfits definitely counts. And despite the sh!t I usually get for it elsewhere, Graves-era has my favorite tracks from them.
…and thanks for posting the Decline. Gotta listen to the whole thing every time I see it come up in the wild. So now I know where my next 18 minutes have gone. Better roll something for fortitude.
Great tracks. Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

1 Like

that 18min goes way too fast imo

1 Like
6 Likes

Oh misfits d definitely count but not as rock more horror punk lol.

It’s not danzig but Adam graves definitely filled the void and he could actually play an instrument. Also isn’t a hot headed narcissist midget :joy::joy:.

2 Likes

take it away roger…

2 Likes

Saw Cro-Mags @ Electric Banana, Pittsburgh 86. Awesome show for that venue.

Hell, these are some memories, saw them in 85, same venue, Electric Banana.

I like static age alot

1 Like

These guys blurred some lines too

2 Likes

i was trying to explain to my son how pits in the Boston/NYC area were back in the day.

early days, no one helped each other up. guys would get kicked, kneed, sent sprawling just trying to get back up. bloody noses, black eyes, missing teeth… it was not uncommon for dudes to be removed on the stretcher. you HAD to stay up in the pit, you went down, you were f^cked. and the skinheads… the friggin skinheads. always in big groups and always fighting. i think it was early to mid 90s when the bands started asking the pit to pick each other up. it was a good move. more people started participating in the pits and the threat of being hoisted out on a stretcher lessened.

my son bought us tickets to the lamb of god show last year in Dallas. He went to go mosh and i stood on the outside watching. (my back and knees can’t handle that sh^t anymore) these pits nowadays are pretty tame… i almost jumped in myself for a go around.

2 Likes

I’m not quite that generation. But I do remember my first punk show. First band took stage and the pit opened up and this dude late teens early 20s palms some 13-14 year old kids face and throws him to the ground and he come around the circle pit. From that point I was hooked.

2 Likes

it was like an extremely aggressive hockey/lacrosse championship game without pads and helmets set to heavy/fast music…from like 1985-1992. i am a big dude so never really had that much problem (other than being the big guy that everyone went after and tried to knock down - and FAILED) but man… i saw some people get WRECKED. teeth flying, blood flying, instant lumps forming on some dudes cheek that caught a knee, a kid getting knocked out by an elbow, a$$hole stage divers that everyone moved out of the way and landed on his head… ~that~ dude left on a stretcher. so did knocked out kid.

still kept going. nothing else catches that energy level. pits are therapeutic. :stuck_out_tongue:
Boston band from back in the day. they still tour like agnostic.

3 Likes

:100: You’re absolutely correct. Local skinheads would try to destroy everything for everybody. I remember kicking the shit out of a skin who punched me for no reason during a Black Flag show in 81. Dez Cadena on vocals. Saw Henry when he opened up for Jane’s Addiction in 91.

3 Likes

Damn. Rollins was one I missed in any iteration of his work. Woulda loved to see him live. Stand up, black flag, hell- even Rollins band i’d have loved to see!
@Til_Valhalla - great tracks. I haven’t heard slapshot in so long. We’re t they on Victory records when that label imploded (one of the times, anyway. Hahah)
Bands like eighteen visions and himsa injecting metal into that sound… Oh yes. Always tended to lean more west coast here in the middle, though.
Thanks for some blasts from the past!
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

1 Like

never got to see henry in black flag. saw rollins band tho at some music festival in north carolina. maybe 93? liar got big on MTV soon after.
good old henry.

west coast eh? whatchoo think about suicidal tendencies mang?
rocky george is one of the most underrated guitarist of all time. rocky rocks.

1 Like

Love ST! Some years back, when I was apprenticing, my mentor had a back and forth with Mike’s mom about a merch order. Hahah It was cool that she was still so involved.
Hell yeah!
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

2 Likes
2 Likes