Purple Flamethrower’s “No Fail” Clone Rooting Method

So first thing you need is a floraflex incubator. Get it from the floraflex website. From Amazon Get clonex solution, clonex rooting gel, and root riot plugs. A 2 1/2gal bucket that has measurements by liter on the inside.

You will also need plant tag bands for branches to be wrist band type tagged for name & date clone taken

Lamoutor 100Pcs Single Edge Razor… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GHCX6PT? ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

There is the razor link I use. Also get some shotglass solo cups for the clonex.

You’ll also need a light, T5 is perfect or a luxx led clone light strip or floraflex makes the same thing but you may wanna get a wire 2x4 rack if you plan on doing that

You gotta fill the 2 1/2 gal bucket to 1 gallon of water and put the clonex solution in there at 7-10 ml a gallon. Mix

Then pour 25 root riot plugs into the bucket

Squeeze each one, one at a time under water till all bubbles come out of each one- after every one- plugging into the tray skipping every other insert so only 25 plugs on a tray of 50

After everything is plugged pour the water from the bucket into the tray till the water line hits the bottom of the plugs

Pour some clonex gel into a solo cup plastic shotglass. That’s where u dip the cut ends of your snips in before plugging into the root riot plugs on the ready tray. (You can NOT use gel you’ve dipped into the original clonex gel jar of so DO NOT dip into jar, always dip into solo cup and discard after being done cloning for the day)

Take a snip at 45 degree angle cut. Immediately dip in clonex gel plastic solo cup so u got a bunch on the end, plug Into root riot plug on tray. Keep going till all 25 are done

After each plug you gotta tag em with name & date for example- Dessert Delight 6/28 on both sides of the wrist band plant tag

& when done close the lid and keep the vents closed at all times. Should all root into the bottom water 50% like a rooting plug & 50% like dwc!

13 Likes

Post pictures in a week please…

6 Likes

Great writeup
I like the clonex rooting gel too
:+1:

Theese little domed start trays fit the root riot size plugs, and the wicking reservoir works well :+1:
Ive never tryed the LED lights it came with.

Good for small spaces, just throw into the veg cab.

4 Likes

I tried this method, I bought the same tray, but I used the plugs that came with the tray. In order to get them to fit in the holes I had to press them in pretty hard, so I think thr roots didmt have any room to grow out. I will use riot rooters next

3 Likes

Awesome guide. I’ve used root riot or rockwool for clones for years now with great success.

I use a low dose of Maxi Bloom instead of clonex solution and spray them with Rhizotonic twice a week.

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

Roots grow from cuts in the stalk. If you make three one inch vertrical cuts with a zaor blade spaced evenly around the stalk you will get more roots. Dont cut to deep.

2 Likes

When you scuff up the stem try a plastic Knife from a plastic fork and spoon set sometime and give it a go .It scuffs the stem enough to stimulate root nodes but doesn’t take too much stem away to cause harm to the callus when if forms

3 Likes

I’m trying this method. Tomorrow will be day 7. No roots poking out of the plugs yet but I already like the floraflex and root riot plugs better than the rockwool and other dome I was using. I feel like the floraflex has a tighter fit and retains moisture really well with the dome and vents fully closed. Already had Clone X but wasn’t aware of Clone X solution until @DanielGrowPhotos turned me onto it.

1 Like

There have been a few different clone thread in the same number of day. The OP had good info to read.

Reopened per OP’s request

Yesterday & today was mailing day. This is how they’re turning out. I’ll just keep posting how they’re turning out & eventually post the roots going down into the clonex solution water at the bottom when the roots are spaghetti like and long on the ones that are left in the tray that wouldn’t of been sent yet.

7/17/24

6 Likes

You don’t run into any issues leaving the plugs that wet + also having them soaking in water? I feel like it could cause some damping off.

I recently tried those flora flex plugs and I hated them. I ran into the same issue as you. They don’t fit in the flora flex trays properly. You really have to smash them in there, then they are super hard to remove again to check for roots. And they were finicky about sucking up water for me unless you get them smashed all the way down into the tray. Maybe if I gave them more chances I’d like them but I’ve tried them twice now and don’t see myself ever using them again.

Definitely switch to rapid rooters or root riot plugs.

Also, those green flora flex cloning trays are HUGE! lol

I do like the design of the lid - how you can push it to one side to create air flow.

I’ve been back to using my regular old clone trays though.

1 Like

It’s actually the perfect condition for roots as set it & forget it

So there’s the deluxe edition & the regular edition. I didn’t mention but get the regular incubator. The delux is no good. @AMunkFromCupertino accidently bought the delux since I didn’t specify

1 Like

Too much water. Thats why you have small roots in 12 days. No water in the bottom tray. Squeeze a good amount of the water out pf the cubes. And start opeing vents after day 4 you will have cubes filled with roots in 10 days time.

1 Like

Tried the same method on some Passionfruit hashplant cuttings and got roots in less than a week. Good job!! :+1:t2:

1 Like

100% roots my teq. This is a set it & forget it method. What your saying doesn’t work set it & forget it & defeats the point of set it & forget it. Here’s a pic of some clones left 2 months set it & forget it

It’s strain and stress dependant but I always get roots

By the way here is more info: on that pic of my mom holding the roots, that was a $12,000 pheno hunt. I needed a set it & forget it method because I started with over 1,000 sprouts. What I did was came up with this teq and this teq got me so many roots and I got 100% roots on the whole operation like a boss. I then can see differences between strains & stress levels but even yellow plants I can clone like this.

Also I didn’t put them under clone lights this time, just ceiling light and ambient light

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one lol
Thanks for the info

1 Like

one of the last 3 ones roots right here above. They’re circling. Next it’ll reach down into the tray. I just put these not even on my clone rack and just the environment made every clone root

1 Like

I cut this new tray on 8/13 and put it under a light (the closer the light the more need for an open vent you’d need to do, my clone strip light was touching the dome so it made the dome drippy fast and I needed to keep the vents wide open the whole time & now it’s 9/1/24 and there’s not that much water at the bottom tray anymore) these roots were reaching deep into the tray. Apparently good light helps them root like crazy too. Cuz when I had it up with just ambient light rooting on the last tray every single one rooted but the roots weren’t as crazy

1 Like