Question about flowering?

I’m trying to figure the timing of 8-10 weeks of flowering for my white widow plant.

When would you consider the flowering process to begin?

1. When light is flipped to 12/12
  2. When first signs of buds show
  3. some other time?
2 Likes

An excellent question. As another newbie, I just assumed it was from the time you switched to 12/12, but I will also be waiting to hear from those who really know…

3 Likes

The time counted is usually from flip to 12/12.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to make note of that day. I’m pretty sure I know it will make things confusing. :grimacing:

5 Likes

we say that “flowering” starts on the first day of 12/12 but in reality the plants continue to veg for another 10-14 days before changing to flowering mode. But if a strain’s flowering time is 8 weeks then it’s finished 8 weeks after the switch to 12/12 lighting

6 Likes

As @Viva_Mexico and @Muleskinner said flowering is typically considered and referred to once you change your lighting scheduled to induce flowering , so day one would be first day of 12/12, and if stated as a 8-10week strain it will finish in 8-10 weeks from that point

3 Likes

thank you

Regards,

mike

1 Like

thank you for your response

Regards,

mike

thanks for your quick reply

regards,

mike

thanks so much,

regards,

mike

sometimes i feel like breeders suggested times are counting from showing pistils because i frequently go over their timeframe but maybe i’m crazy. well, i’m definitely crazy.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will try to see if I made a note of that and check its time along with the 12/12 light to actually see which one is actually closer to the mark.

Regards,

mike

1 Like

Keep a detailed journal on OG, and leave the pencil in the drawer!

2 Likes

I have the same experience. Either they are counting from the end of stretch or are wildly optimistic. Or I’m slowing them down with my regular torture routine.

1 Like

Don’t you just love this place!! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like