Question about Males

How far along to dropping pollen does this guy look along?I just spotted these nutts popping up and I want to get some pollen off this guy for my stock.

7 Likes

You probably have about a week give or take before those open up and drop pollen.

9 Likes

Just to jump off this topic since you created it, and this is for anyone;

Typically how long does the average male start to drop pollen after initiating flowering?

3 Likes

About 3 to 4 weeks in I believe is when you will see them start to really splurge.

4 Likes

What do you do after collect the pollen?I was going to put a newspaper down to catch the pollen .Do you have to dry the pollen?How do you store it for long term?Id like to try and keep it at least 6 months if I can.

I just keep the pollen in a mason jar, I had some chem dawg pollen and its still workin after 6 months or so

im going to throw in one of those sillica packets or whatever they are on the next pollen I collect, which is blue dream x citrus sap

2 Likes

So pretty much the pollen is ready for storage to put up in a jar as soon as the pollen gets scraped up off the paper ?Put in a desiccant pack and I should be good to go?

2 Likes

Probably better to use tin foil maybe to catch it all

Yes and make sure to store it in the fridge or freezer I believe just like seeds.

1 Like

Don’t immediately jar or store freshly collected pollen. You have to allow it time to completely dry before you put it away for storage. Drying time depends on your environmental conditions.
If you put it away to fast it will clump up from its own moisture.

1 Like

Also, make sure you remove any flower pieces from stored pollen

So do a sterile clean sift for plant matter particulates and dry with a dessicant perhaps the shit they use to dry flowers those beads that say don’t eat.