Rather have 6 plants in 1 gal pots or 3 plants in 3 gal pots?

For my current specific situation, I no longer use three gallon containers for cannabis at all. Indoors or outside.
And considering that yield is low on my list of priorities, I generally use 1 gallon or smaller for my reefer plants. The big drawback is that they require more watering/feeding, but I have the time. I prefer a variety of different flowers over yield per plant.

The small containers are very easy for me to move, I can carry 2 or 3 at a time.

This makes me realize that over the years that I have been growing, my technique has evolved to use smaller and smaller containers. I currently use ProMixā€¦ maybe I should try coco and see if I can go even smallerā€¦
:grinning:

9 Likes

Have a batch in one gal containers right now and just started flowering. The auto is doing great. Weā€™ll see how the photos perform.

1 Like

Thanks LJ. I appreciate you chiming in. They are in coco. I up potted the 3 Gojis and switched to 12/12 in the other tent to flower the rest where they are. Rookie mistake! RESPECTā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

6x 1 gallon potsā€¦

18 Likes

Nice donkey dick Tappy. What is your light wattage?

2 Likes

what was they dry weight on that @tappy? must have been like almost no veg time on that, was it an auto?

how big is your flower tent @oleskool830? i was growing four or five 5 gal pots in my 4x4 but iā€™ve decided to switch to more smaller plants in 3 gal pots ā€¦ less veg time and more variety ā€¦ if i had a 2x4 or basically anything smaller than a 4x4 iā€™d probably use 1-2 gal pots

1 Like

Using a marshydro TS1000 and a 200 watt vero dimmed to about 100-150w in a 2ā€™ x 7ā€™ space (only using 2ā€™ x 3ā€™).

Iā€™m still waiting for it to dry. But youā€™re right, it was pretty much 12/12 from seedā€¦did 1 week vegā€¦no autoā€¦50states ufs18 from the fundraiser.

3 Likes

Hey @legalcanada! Havenā€™t heard from you in a bit. Hope youā€™re well and staying lifted. My flower tent is 4X4. I can get 6 X 3gal pots in there comfortably. The 1 gal pots are in a 2X3. I just flipped the light and going to flower them where they sit. Should be interesting. I used to grow 12/12 from seed a few years ago. Lotsa fun!

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I recently popped a few of these. Iā€™ve never seen a plant that compact before.
Looks almost like bonsai!

Lob

1 Like

Yeah, it was awesomeā€¦cut a few leaves off, but no training or anything special.

1 Like

This is why I want to cross the pre98 bubba with UFS18 so badā€¦2 liter for size reference.

4 Likes

i would love to have such nice colas.

1 Like