Rebuilding My 10x13ft Flower Room

Good luck dude!! I’ll be tagging along and watching the grow

1 Like

I have to get black n white poly soon, Im hoping 50ft will do it, but we will see…

Yesterday me and buddy ran dedicated power to the flower room, I have 30 available amps, with 15 more as a back up, if I need to run that line over I will, if not Ill use it for veg.

The end goal in this room will be 4 450 watt led’s and my house will be getting solar panels at some point during our full remodel…

I am trying to talk the wife into getting enough solar panels to completely run the house without having to pay these insane hydro bills.

Dedicated 15 amps for 2 lights and a fan.

9 Likes

As I started working on this room I noticed my humidity was just unacceptable, I had to go out and get a 30 pint, lucky me I found one on kijiji that was only a couple months old and barely used, paid under half price for the machine and its still brand new with warranty :slight_smile:

Good Living 30 pint Dehumidifier,

Here was readings before I got dehumidifier

Here is what they look like now after running overnight…

7 Likes

Max loading should not exceed 80% rated power, i.e. for the 15 amp Cct.
It is best to keep under 12 amps to avoid nuisance trips.
(this has to do with the common use of thermal breakers)

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Shit I guess I forgot to show any plants…

Here are some outdoor “I need to get recent pics, this was late last month, I’ve just been insanely busy”…
Dirty Dancing.

Roadkill OG

22 Likes

I was planning on running 2 lights on this breaker, both are under 5 amps each, I was also going to run circulating fans on this breaker as well, this should safely be enough load on this breaker.

I would estimate around 12 amps at most on this breaker…

The other 15 amps I will put the inline fan on it and 1 more light, and the dehumidifier…

The backup 15 amps is for the AC unit…

1 Like

I’m in. Another edible eater too I see. Muffins sound frigging good.

2 Likes

Those are some nice trees! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Oh man, tagging right along cuz this looks great! Very nice to see you switching to LEDs and eager to see the whole rebuilding process! I still have so much to learn about electricity. Dedicating those amps made my brain twitch.

Beautiful outdoor plants you’ve got going as well! They look very happy and beautifully crafted.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG!

2 Likes

Those outside “trees” are amazing. :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

I am still new to the site so my comments are being limited, I hope this feature doesn’t last long.

3 Likes

Your ‘basic’ right now, this will help explain the requirements and abilities of the various levels.

You should be at ‘regular’ (TL1) shortly.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Its no worries, Im just an old hippie who grows plants, Im sure it will be just fine. I do have a lot of content coming with everything going on tho, Im sure by the time I have it all posted my trust lvls wont even be an issue with the replying.

1 Like

Here is the start of my outdoor veggie garden…

So far I have 4 beds done… When its finalized there will be 6 beds with a fence around the whole garden and more mulch…

Beds are 5ftx26ftx2ft, fully dug and replaced with mushroom compost and homemade organic soil, with Gaia Green amendments.

More expansion next year…

7 Likes

Sorry for the long delay, I have been harvesting outdoor, it’s insane this year to say the least.

Also some new developments with the grow room and a future journal I am about to start…

I am going to be doing a comparison journal between 600w HID and 450w LED, I reached out to a few companies to see which lights they would recommend I should get to add to this comparison…

Amazingly Phlizon LED has offered to sponsor this comparison with their PL4500, which is incredible!!

The sweet cherry on top is I also reached out to @VIVOSUN and asked them which light they thought would be a good comparison, beyond my belief they too wanted to sponsor this comparison journal!!

So my finishing flower room/comparison room is going to have the following!!

1 Phlizon PL4500 450w LED

1 Vivosun VS4300 430w LED

1 Spider Farmer SF4000 450wLED

1 600w HPS “this is an old magnetic ballast I bought 16 years ago that still works great”

This comparison room is starting off amazing and I look forward to the journals I have planned moving forward!

5 Likes

1st comparison light arrived yesterday!

I would like to thank @VIVOSUN for their interest in this comparison log and would also like to say thank you for sponsoring this comparison with your VS4300…

Fast Shipping, You all have wonderful customer service and its been a pleasure working with you all…

Grow room construction will continue this weekend, I almost have my outdoor harvest moved out of that room, after it’s moved I will start to hang things…

More to come!

5 Likes

I would also like to thank the buddies Phlizon for joining in on this comparison journal!!

You all are also amazing people to deal with, it’s been nothing but a pleasure!

The light was shipped fast, arrived with no problem, well packaged and you can tell they put thought and effort into their packaging…

Thanks again for all those involved and we will start this journey this week!

5 Likes

@VIVOSUN

Comparison room is almost done!

Poly is hung, lights are hung, vents are in place and I am securing wires now…

I also have to have the HVAC people come in this room in about 2 weeks, I am completely redoing my HVAC system…

So far I am pleased with the way it’s turning out, still a few minor things to do, but this room will be filling up with plants soon!

5 Likes

nice start im also doing a 10x10 room going to hang lights from the cieling already have venting out the window nest to a 5000 watt a/c i have central ac but because of the metal halides i use it will need the extra cooling! also a descent humidifier that keeps that 50-60 rh i also have a smaller room for veg and cloning pretty much set up the same way but with LEDs instead of MHIMG_20221018_135945|281x500

3 Likes