Rebuilding My 10x13ft Flower Room

I am new to this site so I would like to start off by saying hello…

I am fellow Canadian grower who is in the middle of redoing a remodel of all my gardens, I started off earlier this year by redoing my outside beds for my Canna, Fruits and Veggies.

Now I am focused on redoing my indoor garden.

So far progress is slow moving but I’m hoping to have things up and running by next month…

Ventilation System
8inch inline fan that is blowing outside
8 inch booster fans for intake
30 pint Dehumidifier
10,000 btu AC unit “if needed”
3 circulating fans

Lights
SF4000, 600w HPS, soon to be another 450w and I may get a couple others if I can talk the wife into it.

I am slowly redoing all my lighting, I am getting rid of the old 1k watts hid’s and switching over to 450w LED’s…

Method of Growing is organic living soil, premixed soil with topdressings and compost teas.

I will start to upload pics after we finish the walls and get things sorted “hoping next week”.

27 Likes

Looking forward to following along sounds like a great set up. And welcome to OG.

4 Likes

Am I not allowed to post pics with me being a new member?

2 Likes

You should also introduce yourself here

Can’t wait to see some pics of this grow should be awesome

3 Likes

You are probably good now…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

This will be the first run when everything is set up and ready to go…

14 Likes

Along with these… “I guess I’m allowed 1 pic per reply”?

Sorry about the sideways pic, I ate one of buddies muffins…

15 Likes

Good luck dude!! I’ll be tagging along and watching the grow

1 Like

I have to get black n white poly soon, Im hoping 50ft will do it, but we will see…

Yesterday me and buddy ran dedicated power to the flower room, I have 30 available amps, with 15 more as a back up, if I need to run that line over I will, if not Ill use it for veg.

The end goal in this room will be 4 450 watt led’s and my house will be getting solar panels at some point during our full remodel…

I am trying to talk the wife into getting enough solar panels to completely run the house without having to pay these insane hydro bills.

Dedicated 15 amps for 2 lights and a fan.

9 Likes

As I started working on this room I noticed my humidity was just unacceptable, I had to go out and get a 30 pint, lucky me I found one on kijiji that was only a couple months old and barely used, paid under half price for the machine and its still brand new with warranty :slight_smile:

Good Living 30 pint Dehumidifier,

Here was readings before I got dehumidifier

Here is what they look like now after running overnight…

7 Likes

Max loading should not exceed 80% rated power, i.e. for the 15 amp Cct.
It is best to keep under 12 amps to avoid nuisance trips.
(this has to do with the common use of thermal breakers)

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Shit I guess I forgot to show any plants…

Here are some outdoor “I need to get recent pics, this was late last month, I’ve just been insanely busy”…
Dirty Dancing.

Roadkill OG

22 Likes

I was planning on running 2 lights on this breaker, both are under 5 amps each, I was also going to run circulating fans on this breaker as well, this should safely be enough load on this breaker.

I would estimate around 12 amps at most on this breaker…

The other 15 amps I will put the inline fan on it and 1 more light, and the dehumidifier…

The backup 15 amps is for the AC unit…

1 Like

I’m in. Another edible eater too I see. Muffins sound frigging good.

2 Likes

Those are some nice trees! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Oh man, tagging right along cuz this looks great! Very nice to see you switching to LEDs and eager to see the whole rebuilding process! I still have so much to learn about electricity. Dedicating those amps made my brain twitch.

Beautiful outdoor plants you’ve got going as well! They look very happy and beautifully crafted.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG!

2 Likes

Those outside “trees” are amazing. :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

I am still new to the site so my comments are being limited, I hope this feature doesn’t last long.

3 Likes

Your ‘basic’ right now, this will help explain the requirements and abilities of the various levels.

You should be at ‘regular’ (TL1) shortly.

Cheers
G

2 Likes