Record keeping. Best process and practices

I’ve not been here in far to long and I’m glad that I have today to be sure. First off, Bravo Dave for the handle as I bought the Cheech & Chong album with money I earned from my Paper Route at the ripe old age of 15 Daves Not Home was one of my Favourite skits they ever did. Have to chuckle as I now hear it in my head.
I have watched this Awesome site Grow & Mature into an Excellent Group of Growers Globally and in my personal opinion a place where I go to figure out ANYTHING that is relevant to Growing Amazing Cannabis. It’s Growers like yourself who shine here and I Sincerely Thank U for doing so Brother Grower.

Yours Truly, Don D. :seedling: Namaste, Namaste.
4 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t seen this one before. The growlog is pretty slick, love being able to click which vars I want to measure. Now if they’d just let me take more than one set of measurements per day I’d be all set. Yesterday I took my 2nd set of measurements and didn’t realize it would overwrite the first set, makes checking the changes after topping the res a pain.

2 Likes

The dev seems receptive to feedback, so maybe worth it to submit a request.

2 Likes

I use an analogic notebook :slight_smile: and a pen. Sometimes, depending how high I am, use some colors. Make some note downs when I need to do it. Simple and basic.

3 Likes

Always just stored it between my ears.

2 Likes

I have a little notebook I use… have the best plans at the beginning of each plant cycle… usually end up w the day I soak them and that’s as far as I get.

2 Likes

Great idea! As well as the logs. I jot down things in a journal/log. I am not always in it. I do try to note previous events if I forget.

Good point.

Edit: Posted before done replying …cont.

1 Like

It would be nice to see a measure of plant height at a standard. Something like at 30 days if untopped from cotyledons to top node. That is a figure that would vary according to light conditions but should still give useful data.

Another useful measure might be tag a limb/branch and measure the stretch at that point 14, 21, 28 days later You would need a tent tall enough not to bend or be outdoors to measure though.

Many have EC, pH, RH and temps in their logs. All good stuff.

I’m a big fan of Google Sheets for keeping track of grow data.

1 Like

I use Google spreadsheets in my day to day life. Been copying my past notebook logged grows to Google sheets. I can access it anywhere so really convenient.

So does Google, which would be a deal breaker for me. :wink:

1 Like

Ya I can understand that. When I lived in an illegal state everything was handwritten. Now I don’t worry about it much

1 Like