Red Congo - landrace?

There’s a strain that goes around a few online dispensaries here in Canada by the name of Red Congo. Ive never been able to find any info on it’s lineage or how closely it’s tied to Congo landrace or Congo black that Bodhi breeds with. Its a definite favorite, if I could find a stable line in seed form I’d love to grow it. Anyone familiar with it? I can post some bud pics when I get home, I have a jar kicking around.

The high is very clear headed, smell is tough to put my finger on. Spicy and sweet but not fruity.

2 Likes

If it’s popular in dispensaries, it’s probably a Congolese cross rather than a Congolese landrace. Beanhoarder is Canadian and he has a few “Red Congo” crosses on Hemp Depot.

2 Likes

Thanks, that Red Congo x SSH sounds right up my alley. I do love the Congo for playing music.

I should clarify that it isn’t common at dispensaries, but rather comes up from time to time at two specific ones, and appears to be the same grower. Could be on the longer flowering side as it’s usually on the higher price side.

1 Like

Reeferman sold them in the past.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4825062&postcount=3

1 Like

Wow yes that looks like it for sure. Sandalwood smell is bang on too, couldn’t name it but very familiar. So it is a hybrid as suspected.

Now gotta track down some seeds or a cut. If I find anything I’ll update here.

1 Like

http://canadianhempco.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2308

Not sure if that’s legit…

1 Like

Joe Pietri has Red Congo and other Landraces. After 3 years of checking him out, I still cant tell if he is legit or not. The prices are very high and I havent seen any growers use his genetics. Maybe the guys here can chime in?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything positive about Canadian Hemp Co, unfortunately.

Are those MOM dispensaries or legit dispensaries?

If it’s from legit dispos and I had to take a wild guess I would guess it’s the same cut bubbleman and his friends have because Johnny B sold some cuts to LP’s pre legalization. It might be worth shooting johnny b a message about it if you suspect that’s the case. No chance getting a response from bubbleman unless you are trolling him or shilling his bags.

Nah it’s from a MOM, AC meds to be specific (let me know if naming mom’s here is an issue, I’ll edit), from a producer called Air Cannabis Collective. Their flower is always very nice, and the Congo is consistent and we’ll grown. There should be cuts floating around BC, nobody locally that I know has it.

1 Like

I guess it could still be the same cut regardless of MOM or LP but that would take some more investigation. If you have pictures some folks may have an easier time verifying and getting one step closer to your answer. Good luck on your searches that’s all I got lol. :vulcan:

Here’s a bud pic!

7 Likes

Visually, it reminds me a lot of some Dutch Dragon I got at a Vancouver shop quite some time ago. Although, Dutch Dragon is more citrus fruit than spice. Full-on zoomy/giggly high.

2 Likes

Interesting; Was getting that at a “legit” dispensary 3 years ago in central Calif. Nice.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

The red congo that goes around here is a hybrid although I forget what was used (might have some afghani). It’s a great strain nonetheless though, especially in a sea of kush.

2 Likes