What is your favorite African landrace strain?

Hey brothers and sisters, I was hoping to get some feedback from some landrace lovers that have grown or even smoked African landraces to find out which were your favorites and why… I’m trying to collect African landraces and would love to get any feedback from those that are familiar with the various African landraces… Also If anyone has any African landrace seeds I would love to trade them for any seeds in my modest collection… I have plenty of Transkei, Lesotho and ciskei but would love to have seeds from any other parts of AFRICA…
Thanks and hope to hear some feedback from you guys!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

pookie, first I must say…that was and is still my nickname in my family at 42, so great choice there! Durban Poison (heirloom more than landrace I’d imagine) is my ALLLLL time favorite racy buzz and it’s taste for me is next to none…but I’m also the guy that trades for all the black jelly beans soo… i’ve grown several seed brands out and was never happy with the outcome honestly…Over the years I’ve grown most of Aces and Cannabiogens stuff, and other worked varieties. Truly depends on what you like and what you want as your end results…are you wanting to work the line and make something unique to you, just curious to see how monster these girls can get when wild (a personal favorite in plants and life it seems!)

4 Likes

Malawi I’d say has been the best of the Southern African stuff. Durban being the worst

5 Likes

Malawi is generally my least favourite due to the groggy after effects of the high. The Congolese lines are clean and crisp highs with no come downs, a carroty rotten citrus smell…if you find any pure let me know!

7 Likes

One thing I like about Malawi is the pineapple tastes it gives you. And where you plant it has a great effect on taste as well. So orchards,strawberry patches, ect will be good growing spots. Plus : https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/tangwenas-malawi-style-cob-cure-fermented-cannabis.443405/ what you want is the Malawi Gold

4 Likes

Is this ace malawiyou refer to? I havent tried that line and have only really tried stuff via of Holland. Probably would enjoy that one as i didnt read of any negative after effects.

1 Like

I think “Double Congo” from Tropical Seeds is fully Congolese, but a hybrid of two Congolese strains. I’ve been waiting for that one to come back in stock.

2 Likes

I prefer the South Afrika dagga. What is there not to like about Durban Poison? An uplifting sativa high. Wake and bake, baby! The sad thing is nearly extinct in Durban, replaced with Swazi. Swazi has more fast acting blast to it. Like old school Colombian Gold. Rooibaard, an old Transkei strain is very uplifting and you feel good, laugh and want to play. Similar to Colombian Black. Zulu, or KwaZulu has a clear, happy, energetic and uplifting high. If you like sativas to give you a lift and get you going, South Afrika has it. Most have THCv. No indica couch lock. If you like THCv, Congo strains are said to have the highest amount of THCv of all landraces.

6 Likes

I dont have a pure congo strain I have a congo black X angola red and congo X ciskei= king congo by Tropical seeds.

1 Like

Bump.

Any mod wanna take on the task of consolidating the 3 or 4 ‘African’ threads going on? It seems like dsicussion of African strains could be split from trades/offers?

:earth_africa:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes