Reefer’s Ongoing Auto Growganza

Hey all, I’m rocketing towards harvest so this one should have a fairly quick payofff…

I’ve been growing for a year, started in coco, and this is my first grow in hydro. #indoor-growing:hydroponics I did a little research and then took what I know from years of setting up reef aquarium systems. It’s RDWC, running roughly 30 gph through 6 gallon buckets with a 30 gallon sump. Using flora trio with a mix of 0 tds RO/DI to start the system and then topping off with well and city water as needed to keep PH where I want it (5.8-6.2 ideally)

It’s a closed loop for return to help keep pressure even, just running some cheap Amazon lights for the time being. (400w total to start) 24 hr. Light schedule with light tilting every day or two to more evenly distribute light.

This was supposed to be a test grow with leftover seeds and I was going to start my diary with the next grow, but this one has gone well so I’m starting now.

The last pic is three white widows that were all nearly identical as seedlings and will be handled different through the grow to see growth differences

Hope y’all enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions!

28 Likes

Looks like you’re growing some reefer friend! What genetics do you have in there?

4 Likes

Seedsman Amnesia haze , super lemon haze, Zkitllez, Northern Lights

Barney’s Watermelon Zkittlez and Dosidos

ILGM White Widow

All started at the same time save for the WW which was started 2 weeks later

4 Likes

One week after transplant #hst begins and growth is rapid I will be lollipopping and doing aggressive defoliation from here on out since I’ve never tried hst before. Nutrients are around 600 ppm at this point

Also doing one last coco grow with a white widow from the other tent. It will be fertigated with water from the system every other day

14 Likes

Nov. 26th were the last pics, here’s Dec. 3rd through the 9th, defoliation and lollipopping begins… Plants are growing fast, nutrients being ramped up to 800 ppm.

15 Likes

Same time period (dec. 7-9, clone farm begins, and more rapid growth.

The smaller plants are the WW transplanted one week apart. First shot is the coco white widow. The early transfer will be topped twice 5 days apart and the other topped once, there’s a third WW that was started at the same time that will be grown in stagnant nutrient solution to see what happens compared to the #rdwc and because I’m out of prime locations

9 Likes

Some deficiency showing up on an amnesia, no signs with any other plants. This is Dec. 9-13

10 Likes

Clone farm expands, the third WW that wasn’t topped in its stagnant bucket, and growth on a fast amnesia showing signs of deficiency through the 13tt. New #mephisto bundle for the next grow arrives!

9 Likes

Some beefy stems on Dec. 18th, the purple stripes is amnesia, other others are watermelon zkit and DSD

6 Likes

One amnesia is growing out of the big tent and is transferred to a 2x4 to give everyone some room. Dec. 18-19 I also #supercrop this plant during transfer

6 Likes

Tent is starting to fill out, last week of Dec. here. Smaller amnesia in the big tent and northern lights not too far behind and already getting frosty leaves and flowering first

20 Likes

Nice setup Reefer!

1 Like

Thanks my friend, it’s working out well so far! Going back and forth on of I want to add some air stones, but it doesn’t seem necessary so far.

3 Likes

Looking good homie! I love the instant gratification of this thread! :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks man, more of that coming your way tonight! :v:t2:

3 Likes

End of Dec. the amnesia shows more signs of deficiency and is flowering really fast. All other plants look perfect. Also, northern lights getting very frosty!

12 Likes

Coco white widow still looking good, still just fertigating with the water from the system. Also, can’t keep up with the pruning and defoliation. Each plant has many branches and leaves removed daily

13 Likes

White widow in coco and stagnant water bucket with the two amnesia, the monster and the fast one. Jan. 3rd First pic is back left Dosido, Amensia, and the double topped widow back right, the widow that was topped once front right, two runt plants I almost threw away and finally northern lights front left (barely)

13 Likes

Lots happening here that looks good :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Before I keep updating later, I’ve hit a few questions…

I need to get some nutes for my next grow and I usually bounce around between ro/di, tap, and well depending on PH since I have all three. However, I’ll start the new grow with RO/DI and think of about switching to Jack’s, any tips on 123 vs RO, also if a flowering blend is suggested at the end. #indoor-growing:hydroponics #jacks

Lastly, I’ve run boring but fertilizer and coming from the aquarium reefkeeping world where they trump cannabis when it comes to expensive bottles of additives that do very little. Is there solid science behind and microbes, and things like recharge or hydro guard? I’m tempted to just stay the kiss course, but if some of these expensive bottles of water truly help I’ll give it a try.

Lastly, I’m looking for someone starting a grow in the next few weeks to do a little comparison grow with for fun. Preferably someone in hydro and running photos and willing to do a co-op grow diary charting yields and timing between same strain auto and photo. Would also entertain a #coco grower but would prefer autos if that’s the case.

Thanks, more pics later! But here’s the fat stem on my Dosido Auto from Barney’s in the meantime

10 Likes