Res size for 4x4 flood table

Want to setup a flood table for monocrops from clone just root and flower kinda setup. How big of a rez would I need? Also what’s the best rockwool cube size, pump size etc. I’m in soil right now, but I’ve done hydro(dwc) and while I really like the ease of soil and have noticed no decrease in quality I think for clones and quick turnaround hydro has an advantage.

1 Like

i use a 40 gallon. less ph swing and i dont have to change often just top off and do a full res swap every 2 weeks or 3 if im lazy, i would look into coco instead of rockwool you can use half gallon containers or 1 gallon.if you go coco route look into the square pots they fit way better than my circle ones

2 Likes

Coco work well for sog? I’m wanting to do as many clones as can fit without impeding growth.

1 Like

Planning on using 2 2’x4’ cement mixing trays as the flood table.

1 Like

id say 30 gal would be the minimum
the bigger your res is, the less youll have to mess with it
550 gph pump max. smaller pumps will work, but theyll take longer to fill your table. you want to fill it and drain it relatively quickly and leave your roots some time to be exposed to open air in between floods
why bother with rockwool? make yourself a cover for the table, drill out some appropriately sized holes, and just use the clone collar. no medium, less stuff to worry about/buy/mess with/clean up afterwards

3 Likes

Think having some sort of medias probably a good safeguard in case of power outages or pump failures.

" Mapito" , flood and drain once every 2-3 days : )

STB!

1 Like

true. but i like to live dangerously lol
i actually had a hose come off of a pump recently with this sort of setup. those tables got no water for at least 12 hours, and the plants pulled through

2 Likes

I have been using a pair of these tall recyle bins for my 4x4 drain to waste.

Alternating…one for feeding, one available to fill and mix nutes.

But…One res only lasts a couple days during heaviest feeding weeks. For me, anything larger would be a hassle. Pros and cons.

3 Likes

Interesting info here . Hmmm

i just harvested 48 gg4 on 2 4x4 tables. all in 1 gallon pots. vegged for 2 weeks on one side and one week on the other. and it all went perfect (minus these fkkn aphids) i had 60 but the round containers dont fit well so if u can get the square pots that are taller than wide you can go 32 in each table

6 Likes