RO Filter Help

This is for a 1,000+ orchid greenhouse lol

1 Like

I found (4) 5 micron carbon blocks, (2) melted Poly 5 micron sediment and (2) 50GPD membranes for $53 on Amazon. Will be here Saturday.

Cant beat that

Perfect…and you can use 2 carbon blocks you dont have to use a paper carbon.

1 Like

Does this look setup right?

wow …you use that for a tank that size? how much does that thing send down the drain to make a gallon of RO water? It appears to be way undersized for your purpose.

Its 50GPD and the tank is 90gal.

Water once a week. Should fill back up in 7 days time.

I think he has a 100GPD but the filters never were changed in the 7 years he has had it. Or not to my knowledge. Hes dead now or else id ask. Im just keeping his orchids alive until they find a new home.

This was just the cheaper solution instead of buying 20" carbon blocks and sediment filters. Mostly i wasnt sure the size of the membrane on his RO.

I think its 3:1 waste to filtered.

what is the water source? well or municipal supply and you need to add the cost of the water down the drain to overall cost.

Not my house, not my water, not my money, not my problem.

Are bigger RO membranes inherently more efficient in terms of waste per filtered water?

Not sure where the whole figure cost has anything to do with it

ya know …isn’t worth even commenting. this is just a temp solution for a temp situation as described. Your issues are fixed. Moving on.

Looks like the bigger systems are more efficient.

Per their website it says 100GPD does 4.2 gal filtered per 8.4 gal waste. And 150GPD does 6.25 gal filtered per 6.8 gal waste.

Right now the system is doing 5:1 waste per filtered seeing as the filters are so dirty and filling up at 4gals per day.

If i can get 10 gals a day that will do.

If I need a more GPD membrane I can just replace. Seems that the housing is the same size for 50-150GPD and the prefilters are all 10" x 2". May have to change the auto shut off

But I think its fine for its purpose