Rogutopia . 2023 . Calmer Than You Are

I always make seeds when I grow now! Count on it!

4 Likes

4 Likes

No, you!
care-bear-hug

4 Likes

rave til dawn

4 Likes

4 Likes

Made a thread about nettle as fertilizer:

5 Likes

I’ve also decided I’m on vacation for the rest of my life.

you said it man jesus big lebwoski dude

7 Likes

can I also go on vacation for the rest of my life? @Rogue

4 Likes

So it mote be.

2 Likes

excellent, then it is

1 Like

I’m so happy to be here, today is a good day.

We are amazing as a human race for still existing.

I am grateful for every day I may experience being alive.

3 Likes

Loving the vibe …:v:t3::slightly_smiling_face::herb::grin:

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me to get myself some ice cream.
Hot weather coming up here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

2 Likes

Pollen has been flying, the male has done the deed!

6 Likes

I’m thinking about wild fires

Mother Earth’s way of moving a large amount of minerals from one place to another where they are perhaps more needed.
The smoke that goes up, comes back down elsewhere.
The ashes is good protection for fertility in the long run since the particles are sponge-like in structure. Some permaculture farmers do this on purpose with bio char because it has shown benefits.

Seeds are also extremely heat resistant, you can pass them through flames multiple times.
I have had seeds sprouting that were briefly boiled in water.
Mother Earth is a master designer and knows full well how precious and important seeds are so she made them profoundly strong.

Once things start growing again, the ashes immediately absorbs the mulch and provides habitat, networks of nano cavesystems for microbes and fungi in every particle of ashes.

So although wildfires do have a dark side, that dark side is fertilizer for new life.

3 Likes

I got an idea to increase farm land production based on the idea of putting your plants on top of rolling platforms by @andstephen , a new member here!

Imagine platforms the size of a flatbed truck, but simply a platform with a soil bed about 30 cm deep on high legs with wheels (high enough to stand under) so that you can use it as shadow/shelter and make the legs hollow so they can serve as water tanks for watering and for cattle and any other farm or wild animals that would eat the plants, but they can’t because the plants are growing one story above them.

This way you can get some extra use out of a grazing field.

And one can pull the rolling cultivation platforms to a different position anywhere, any time, and perhaps shelter them from storms if you have a high enough hangar or barn or greenhouse.

Could also make smaller thinner ones and scatter them in a garden that has 1 m wide walking paths made of woodchips inoculated with mycorrhizal mushroom spores/mycelium for example.
Using the same footprint to cultivate mushrooms as well as plants.

You can roll the platforms on there without them being in the way while you harvest or prune as you can stand under them or push them away from where you need to be.

The wheels can be like those of a quad bike perhaps, and could be designed to be pulled by a quad, many in a row.

Double or triple deckers are a possibility too, my setup including LED is only about 1 meter high.
So extra lighting can be used both outdoor and indoor with waterproof LEDs.
One can use a long cable or batteries.

6 Likes

Also imagine big self driving electric greenhouses on wheels cruising alongside you on the highway, delivering fruit and veggies and herbs and cannabis still growing and in the soil! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The future is so beautiful my friends.

2 Likes

Harvest day since the space in my jars is so inviting!

Plenty ginger pistils today so the pollen has been well received, seeds coming up!

It is well with my soul.
What a blessing to be alive.

4 Likes

Is ginger easy to grow?

1 Like

I’ve never grown ginger, but it’s kinda like growing potatoes I imagine.

1 Like