Rogutopia . 2023 . Calmer Than You Are

They have some in the desert here. Watching your shinanigans I might be taken a play from you. Your other plants looks like oregano maybe mint do you plant as seed or cuttings? What do you recommend planting? If answered in thread I’ll read tomorrow thanks

1 Like

Thank you for your interest @420noob may you be having a really nice day.

What I currently have growing is basilicum, regular pepper plants, date palm tree sprouts, woodsorrel (looks like clover) and also nettle (extremely healthy as tea, provides compounds your body can make serotonin with, it’s also anti-inflammatory and whole list of other benefits, and rich in minerals).

The cannabis is a mix of seeds I have been gifted from many kind members here, I let all the males cross pollinate for a few days, then I have seeds but also decent amount of bud, so I’m continuously making new crosses, tossing a small handful of seeds in there sometimes, giving away some too.

I never bother with clones, I celebrate diversity.

You can sow whatever I’ve got going, it all seems to co-exist peacefully, you can also google “companion crops” and select your own species, it’s well worth researching a bit, it’s fascinating how every species has its own unique quality, task, skill, talent and how they improve eachother and the soil and ofcourse us!

4 Likes

A key to companion planting is a diverse set of plants that each plant has a different root structure some with short shallow roots some with long tap roots and some in betweeners (super simplified ) oh and to get ya started like the living mulches have the short shallow roots and like dandelion has a long tap it is also a bioaccumilator of calcium , oh and the main benefit of having the diverse roots is a diverse microbe populations that are working the soil on many levels in the strata @420noob oh and that’s the over simplified version you can go way in depth on that subject

5 Likes

Thank you for elaborating @drgreensleeves !

5 Likes

Cook you both this is a good foundation of knowledge to grow.

3 Likes

Some of it looking a bit rough, might have waited too long between waterings, days when it’s freezing out is always accompanied with low humidity, so gotta drink more water.

^ Small one underneath the big one pictured below.

^ Pollinated by the two males that grew next to it, let them have fun for 3-4 days or so as they started flowering, judging from how the tall females look, it doesn’t seem like the pollen has traveled all that far. I also don’t have a fan blowing so that helps to control the pollination a fair bit.

Could also be that the first pollen from a male makes faster growing offspring than pollen from a male that has been flowering a long time?
Who knows… :thinking:

^ This is where I had the two males, will have a seed or 10 from each of these maybe.

I am grateful for being able to do this from the comfort of my room.
What a time to be alive… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It is well with my soul.

Have some Buckethead: https://youtu.be/VsMKp7SaPKU

I have enough medicine for another 2-3 weeks, looks like perfect timing again!

Edit: This one was looking particularly flowy;

7 Likes

Beautiful plants

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, appreciate it!

1 Like

Can we all send some applause and good vibes to this wonderful soul. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Perhaps we should give our plants less light during new moon and more light during full moon? :thinking:

3 Likes

That sound like great fodder for whitetai deer, no problems with them?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re referring to?

2 Likes

Lol I had a feeling you wouldn’t understand that lol fodder/silage= hay lol

1 Like

The companion plants that you mentioned, deer seem to love them…

2 Likes

Oh , :slight_smile: lol , yes some there are ones that are edible and some that are medicinal and some that just are just depends on your unique situation like for instance marigolds keeps the mycos going between crops, and hairy vetch and winter oats bring phos up and makes it bioavailable when you chop and drop with the benefit of a food crop it’s just that there are so many nuances to it that every individual situation is unique :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, I’m so much more calm after listening to that first video while I read you thread… very nice! Thanks! peace :pray: :v:

2 Likes

Yes I grow marigolds to help with insect control in my gardens. Plus, they are just a cool flower. Love to deadhead them and watch the ‘afro’ grow

4 Likes

No deer in my bedroom currently. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No wild deer in this part of the country, but if I would have a plot of land I’d probably have a mote surrounding it, and/or plant blackberry bush, rose bush, nettle, and other spiky plants all the way around the outer perimeter, would keep rabbits out too and other smaller animals, foxes, etc.
It’s silly to waste money on fences when you can just use plants.
In the desert you can use cacti.
Bamboo is an option too.

3 Likes

Poked a handful little holes in the soil with a piece of old stem I snipped off.
Sowed 3-5 seeds in each little hole, about 7-8 holes maybe.
Harvest is approaching, in two weeks, maybe three.

Life is so fucking good.

The ladies are lovely and the sun is always shining.
Blessed is my heart, feeling this all flowing, always and at all times.

Also, the pollen has travelled further than I thought, that bush is quite seeded, hahaha.

Free seeds anyone?
Soon my friends…

We are all God, that too.
Call it Whatever the Fuck you want.
The Big Dick in the Sky, The Womb of the Mother Goddess, the Universal Egg, Allah, Zen, Dhamma, The Divine, The Unified Field, The Quantumgasm.

IT IS FLOWING THROUGH ALL OF US

And it is well with my soul.

5 Likes

Free seeds hell ya. And " I’m calmer than you are dude" “ya but I’m still calmer than you” love the reference and the movie!:+1:

1 Like