Roux's Hydroponics

Needed some where to put all my projects…:grin:

8 Likes

Ebb &Flow 400w HPS FloweringTent Complete

I am very please with how everything turned out with the ebb and flow table. It fits in its tent perfectly, everything is sealed and watertight, My 18 year old pump works like a champ (lol its old enough to vote, god I’m getting old.) And my 400 watt HPS and reflector are up and running. Just gotta hook up the external ventilation and we are ready to flower some clone SOG style :seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling:

15 Likes

Really nice that it fits so well in there. It looks store bought. Having zero luck with germinating some NL right now and just turned two ww into a ferment so I’m curious how your show goes. Nice clean work.

3 Likes

Damn, I’ll send the vibes your way to have your NL germ. Sorry to hear about your WW too. Just gotta keep on trucking :articulated_lorry:

1 Like

Looks good, congrats!!

Today we built the DWC veg unit for seedlings and clones. It was quick work. Going to be popping some seeds tonight to get this unit up and running.

9 Likes

Smashing good sir! So glad you put this up… I really like that flood table you made and that DWC unit looks professional, what are the net pot panels from? Excuse my ignorance if you can get these from a hydro shop, we don’t have many where I’m from

2 Likes

Hey @GumbyBuds I was shopping at wal-mart and found this tote. It was formed to perfectly fit (12) 3" net pots. I drilled them out with a 3" hole saw and (2) 1/4" holes for the air line tubing on the side.

I’m from a small town and we don’t have grow shops here either. The 3" net pots, air stones, tubing, and adjustable heater was all ordered from amazon. Cost was under 50 bucks for everything.

7 Likes

Wow, nice clean build… I wouldn’t believe that it is DIY and not ready made product… :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Yeah wow it looks like 3 net pot sleeves or something, zip lock for the win. So nice

1 Like

You are very handy and an incredible diy-er. Props

1 Like

Hey all just some minor updates to bring this week. Hope all is well, and wish everybody happy gardening.

Started some seeds
24hr soak --> rockwool cubes (5.5ph soaked) --> 3" netpot --> filled with hydroton --> DWC reservoir

I also did some clone some weeks back too. They a bit goofy because I took them from flowering plants.

Clone Bones

Yep, another DIY. I made some clone bones. They turned out great and fit in the system perfectly. This will be great mediumless cloning tool. I use toothpicks as an analog for a quick test. The bubbles in the reservoir does a great job at saturating the bottom side of the toothpicks

6 Likes

Love that piggy of @Kalgrae

What pack did you decide to germinate, im excited to see the progress!!!

3 Likes

The number I did was #3 (purple tips)

Hoping to do @Kalgrae 's work some justice, least I can do for him for being so kind

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I hope you get some thing with some nice color in it. That made me smile!
Having some success myself with three from #1. Hey, what does WOSA stand for?

2 Likes

And what is the little pig for? Is it a weed breeder or your logo for something?

Everything looks tip top!

SO that is @Kalgrae’s logo then! Cool.

3 Likes

Thanks! I just picked up this tote. More projects! I have 2" net pots so this should do a ton of clones!

1 Like

Weekly Operation Statistics Averages

How far along are yours from #1?

Yes I didn’t know what to call this or what kalgrae’s wish were so I just used the piggy as a designation for this strain.

They are great containers for the price. They could be a tad thicker for a hydroponic or aeroponic reservoir, but its great substitute if you don’t want to spend lots of money.

Wifey has me building another one to clone her roses for this upcoming spring

1 Like

@Roux I imagine a sterile room with a couple surgeons and some random nurses in hospital grubs shuffling around each time I see WOSA and the content that follows. I aspire to be that meticulous with cataloging the stages of growth. Impressive! It will payoff. I’m getting close, but not that close. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only popped three of #1. One I moved into the grow box straight under 12/12 once it showed it’s tail. It’s moving slowly so far, but hasn’t damped off or shriveled up. Of the other two, one is showing the first set of leaves past the cotyledons and the other is just starting to push the cots out. It’s throwing me off since there are twelve other seeds that haven’t done anything.

2 Likes

Sounds like we popped ours bout the same time. I soaked 6 but lost 2 in the process (evil kitty :smirk_cat: )…so far 2 outta 4 have emerged and have came up without issue. Both are developing their first set of leaves past there cotyledons, no mutations.

And my room…Lol it’s more of a mud pit than a sterile room…although there is this hot nurse that come around every so often (my wife lol) otherwise my grow tents share the same space as my ceramic studio

11 Likes