Running some 'elites' + trying sohum

Thanks to all for stopping by the MILF hunt, I appreciate everyone’s helpfulness, excellent advice, and good vibes! I couldn’t have done it without yall so give yourselves a hand :clap::clap::clap: I will update it a few more times with smoke reports as I sample those strains. I did end up losing my star pupil flower to molding in the jar :thinking: it was only like 10grams but none of the others molded. Strange.

This thread is gonna be my general growtalk thread. Meant for everyone to come thru, chill, burn one, see what’s goin on. This run is just to fill my jars with what I know I like. I also have a seed making thread somewhere walking myself through making a batch of F2 seeds. So without further ado, here’s what’s new in my medical grow.

I added another 1000W HPS for the 4x8 tent and ran ducting. I also added a 16 in hurricane fan. Kinda takes up more canopy space than I’d like but that’s alright.

In here I will be running PuTang3 and 4, Star Pupil, and Purple Sponge again. They’re all in 7 gal pots with 90% SoHum and 10% recycled FFOF.
In the 5 gal pots, we have Runtz- cookiefam and Tropicanna Cherries - Relentless Genetics.

Soon to join the party will be:

Apple Fritter
Animal Mints
GMO
MAC1
Mimosa
Sour D

So that’s what the next 6ish months hold for this tent.

The 5x5 has been purposed as a veg tent for the time being although I’d love to turn it into a tester tent where I could run 2 or so full packs at a time and pheno hunt. Most of my testing and seedmaking is goin on in my 2x4 tent in the other room.

I have 6 healthy Tangie seedlings, 3 healthy Ghost Train Haze and 1 runty GTH. Those will be hitting the 2x4 tent next for F2 seedstock to be made as those are my last beans of each batch.

So yeah that’s about it for now. I saved yall from a boring month or so of veg time :ok_hand: make sure to save that back right corner for Mr. :honeybee: as always.

Let’s get growing

21 Likes

Well I’m on board and will watch you till the end!
I love the hps !
Old school myself too…

5 Likes

Hey there bro, just gonna plant myself in the middle, pb n j ready, blunt ready. Let the show begin. Oh wait… Mr. Supabee isn’t here yet.

3 Likes

Yeah I should probably mention SoHum is just a premixed living soil. It’s quite pricey and I’m aware I can make something equivalent if not better for a fraction of the cost ($35 a bag) this is purely for experimental and demonstrative purposes.

8 Likes

Im going to hang around and watch :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Corner Dibs!!! Corner Dibs!!! If you don’t mind, I’m gonna kick my shoes off (clean feet), sit a spell and, enjoy the show. Man, you’ve got a big effort goin’ on. I do wish you continued success, your plan is noteworthy. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I have a true 1000w led I wanna use but it just gets too hot in a 4x8. It flowers a 6.5 x 6.5 area so when I have an entire room available I’ll hang it up :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Sounds like fun!
I’ll just park myself over by Mr :honeybee: and pack the bong. :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I’m just gonna pull up a flipped over bucket and twist one up👍 Just for the sake of conversation, Lush by Roots organics is supposed to be their answer to SoHum at a lower price point. It’s $27/1.5 cu ft bag by me and I really liked it. I prefer building my own but occasionally timing just doesn’t work out and I’ve gotta buy something

6 Likes

online sohum is easiest for me to obtain, have been thinking of trying it.

very interested

3 Likes

It says just add water on the bag, we’re gonna put that to the test

3 Likes

That is hard to believe in less your using very large containers. :thinking:

2 Likes

Like I said, you can make a very similar if not better mix for a fraction of the cost. I have a buddy who only uses sohum and has done well. I told him I’d give it a go. I’m also using Jack’s 10 30 20 and 5 12 26 in the other(seedmaking) tent and on the clones when they get thrown in the 4x8. I’d almost like to do a side by side comparison but I can almost guarantee I can make one of the Jack’s in a 5 gal pot yield better than one of the no food 7 gal SoHum pots.

3 Likes

Yeah agreed. Pretty bold claim. I am using 7gal pots of it. I’m ONLY doing water. Maybe a recharge here and there in later flowering but nothing else.

5 Likes

Well it will be interesting to see how it goes. As far as I can tell its not sold in Canada so I couldn’t buy it even if I wanted to. :grinning:

4 Likes

I used Sohum for my first indoor grows in 5 gal pots, and it will run out of steam if you veg longer than a month, I vegged my plants for 2 months and 4 weeks into flower it was done, and I had to start feeding the plants.

6 Likes

I figured it was gonna be a 1 run n done type of soil. I vegged them in ocean forest. They just recently got transplanted into the 7gal sohum. So in theory they should have enough time and nutes to finish up. But like I said, I’m putting their claim of water only to the test. No pH no nutes. Maybe the occasional recharge.

4 Likes

So 24 hours ago I put up some nontoxic sticky traps to put a hurtin’ on the fungus gnats that have slowly grown in numbers. They’re pretty much gone today.:+1: seedlings are looking nice and getting bigger

The Tangie isn’t doin much just in reveg. Just looks pretty frosty haha.

11 Likes

Seedlings are growing up

6 Likes

The clones are ready to be uppotted. I think I’m gonna throw em in 6in pots tomorrow and let em veg for a week or so before I throw em into flower.

The Tangie has just shown the first signs of reveg. One frosty, waxy leaf has emerged from the top of the bud. I hope she comes back around, shes a great smelling girl.

Kinda hard to see but the MAC throws a lot of branches if trained right. All I did was top it after a few nodes and use pipe cleaners to hold the 2 tops down and topped a few times from there.

12 Likes