Need help for new Grow ! ( when that time comes )

Hey overgrow, friends, I would like help creating a nute regimen for my next grow.

I am kind of limited on money , so I will take suggestions but I may not be able to get them.

Here is what I currently have : Jacks 10-30-20 ; expert gardener 12-5-7 and flora gro 2-1-6

The soil would be Miracle Gro Organics Choice Potting soil ! the soil ( maybe with more perlite? idk my current plants dont seem to need it )

Would these three be a complete regimen ?
Am I missing anything , ( I can think of a few, molasses being one )

Are the numbers the percentages of available minerals?

Thank you for helping ! <3

1 Like

Can’t be of much help Brother but I once used only maxibloon from start to finish.
So with the jacks I think you have a good base,Idk about micros.
All purpose never used Them neither Flora gro.
Molasses is good but I would use It only if you re growing in soil or coco

1 Like

So the all purpose is actually Expert Gardener, I got to fix that typo.

Jacks has Magnesium , Boron, Copper, Iron , Manganese, Molybdenum and Zinc for micros

Expert gardener has Iron, Manganese and zinc micros

and the Flora is Nitrogen , Phosphate, soluble potash and magnesium ( in a liquid solution )

Hopefully that helps some !!!

Thank you !

1 Like

With my actual knowdoledge I would go JACKS only and maybe adding some humic acid/fulvic?Or an enzymes product.
But what are your growing in?What Is your style?
You could go with bacterias/beneficials too,we Need to know what you are going to do so we can tell you what is the best approach
Also,try to don’t mix different brands altogether

Edit-you re going soil,with salts or with organic nutes?

1 Like

I edited to post with the medium Im in to help, I realized I didnt give enough info haha.

But I am growing in this soil https://www.costco.com/miracle-gro-organic-choice-potting-mix-with-compost%2C-50-qt..product.100763692.html

Ok no mixing, got it !

With my current grow , My plants seem to be doing really well with Jacks only, but I did notice the older plant seems to be lacking. She doesnt seem to be getting very thick. Now I realize that could be so many variables , But I was Kind of thinking maybe I am lacking some nutrients.

I have not tried this specific blend yet, my current grow is actually using this soil

And upon looking at that blend… I like the sound of it WAY more than the potting mix :eyes: dont you?

Or heck even better… a blend of the two types !!!

I might have enough left over to fill a few pots.

SO, Change of plans, I will most likely use The raised bed soil for the new grow

@Andrexl tagging u in the new edit :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok I read It Is a potting mix including coir and compost,so I suppose It Is pre-fertilized,have you tried It already?
I would do a test run for this soil,then I would chiose the right approach,jacks are salts,minerals.You could introduce some beneficials and use molasses too to feed the beneficials.You could amend the soil and add a Little perlite if you see it is easily waterlogged.
I Don’t know how hot this soil Is tho

2 Likes

I cant tell you how hot it is either, but for the raised bed blend, I have had great success raising young plants in it

Which soil would be better ?

https://www.costco.com/miracle-gro-organic-choice,-raised-bed-&-in-ground-soil-with-compost,-50-qt.product.100846014.html

https://www.costco.com/miracle-gro-organic-choice-potting-mix-with-compost%2C-50-qt..product.100763692.html

1 Like

I use salts and Coco coir,I warn you that with salts you re going to Need to flush the soil a Little and,if the soil becomes waterlogged you ll have overwatering issues,with small rootball / young plants.This because soil instead of coir has not a Great air to water ratio at saturation point.
So with that in mind I would avoid salts

1 Like

I’ve had awesome luck with using Sensi Bloom A,B with Big Bud during flower and molasses at 1 tbsp/4 gal every other feeding. I run it at about 75% strength and it never burns or fades. Sensi Bloom automatically set the ph for you at 6.3 so you never have to test or mess with ph. it’s a huge time saver. During veg I add 1/2 tbsp liquid cal/mag per gallon and every other feeding during flower. I don’t have a lot of plants so it lasts me forever and I’m very pleased with the results and able to keep plants green as long as i’d like during the grow. I’d try something else but it works so well and is really easy.

3 Likes

So essentially if I want to use jacks I would use The raised bed soil over the potting soil?

And what about a blend of the two, maybe that would aerate the soil enough while providing the benefits of both blends

1 Like

I would try to avoid salts into soil media,they are Better handled in a soilless mix.If you are not sure I would instead get some Gaia Green or dry amendment,like kelp meal etc,mix good your soil,put Little beneficials and then feed only water/compost teas,surely it needs some experience to get It mastered but It should guarantee a final harvest,given that you dont make your soil toxic or too hot

I would not use salts in soil except If you add lot and lot of perlite and It becomes more of an Hydroponic media ,where you re going to pH the feeding in a range and soil is nothing but a buffering media that holds the nutrients,but again you can’t do that with potting soil mixes and I never tried It actually.

Let me correct myself-you can do that but you ll Need to study and know the pH buffering capacity of the soil used and the % of perlite,with all the other status for Nutrient solution profile + environment

If you want to go soil mix I would point It all on soil bacterias health and beneficials,feed Them they ll feed the roots!

1 Like

Ok last question, maybe

Would everything you said about avoiding salts be a potential reason my plant sitting in soil that is not that aerated well to have behavior like I am seeing ( In my opinion, she has an airy structure with a shitton of hairs but does not want to thicken )

1 Like

Post some pics and give all the details you have on environment and all

Check my thread, the link puts u back in time a month so you can really see if anythings going wrong <3

I’d grab some current pics but I messed up my light schedule a tiny bit so We arent lights on over here till noon est ;p

1 Like

I see a plant growing without big deficiencies and actually It Is very big,She Is starting to swell,if It doesn’t swell we can be sure there Is a problem,even tho at times It Is also genetics
Is the light enough?

1 Like

She is getting roughly 1000+ PPFD daily. 12 hours of it . it is either 150 or 200 w I cant remember , I have the extra light in the tent but she aint really getting any of that.

If you made it to the end , you’ll see my syrian v in the left hand corner isnt really getting the light either :stuck_out_tongue:

But its working !!! . Right on. I think I just need patience and to keep doing what I have been with those plants.

The genetics are Cake Fighter x Atonic for the plant in question !

1 Like

I think you didn’t do anything wrong.
Give It some time.
I Don’t know that gentic but I assume It Is a home made cross?
She s getting a lot light,have you calculated It with an instrument or some specsheet?
If when It Is done It has not swelled up a bit we night consider change your nutes/soil mix for sure.
Keep growing on Brother.Be sure to tag me when you got updates

1 Like

Right on thank you brother , uh its actually one of Bad dawgs crosses ! It was a freebie pack from great lakes genetics someone here sent me along with a bunch of other seed a while back.

But I cant find much about it either ;p

I calculated the PPFD just with the photone app, it may not be the most accurate but it gives me a decent general idea id like to believe.

Im keeping an eye on that main cola, that ‘’ large ‘’ of a main cola is a first for me ;D

1 Like

What I do in soil may not work for you, but it’s very cheap and very effective in my own garden. (Usually) I use FFOF soil (not required, any ole organic soil will do) with 1tbsp/gal of Down To Earth 4-4-4 vegetable garden. That’ll carry you through veg. Then at the beginning of flower I top dress 1tbsp/gal with Down To Earth 4-8-4 rose and flower mix and then again half way through flower. You get a 5lb box (the box is compostable) of the 4-4-4 for $18 USD on Amazon

https://a.co/d/by9yRz4

And then the 4-8-4 for $22 USD

https://a.co/d/2s1PAJv

Then I just water with tap water Ph’d to 6.5 with 5ml/gal of Cal-Mag

Those boxes will last you a very long time. It’s cheap, easy, and it goes a long way. Every other week I’ll use 1tbsp/gal of molasses for the microbes but even that’s not required. I’ve gone water only using this regiment and it carried me through until harvest. It was my very first harvest in the 3x3 tent actually!

I’ve heard people had good experiences with Dr.Earth. It’s cheaper than DTE but I’ve used DTE since back in my outdoor days 10 years ago! Good luck man, I hope this helps! I agree with avoiding using salts in organic soil. The cation exchange gets wonky when you do that lol I know from experience :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A little weirded out by my healthy plant then, shes in potting soil , not the exact stuff I was showing, but its not aerated well I would assume. when I water I have to do it very slowly.

Anddd shes been on jacks her whole life !

1 Like