Satanic Horse Moth

12 Likes

Woah, that is absolute beautiful.

3 Likes

Wow, what a shot. It’s usually hard to catch them and see it all… very nice. It seems like I’ve seen that one before but not sure where… not here I don’t think.

3 Likes

It’s a Luna moth. Here’s one on our pecan tree a few years ago.

11 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I’m not sure if I’ve seen that before or not.Maybe when I lived down south.

You must live in the South? The pecan trees give it away! I’m from Alabama originally and we have lots down on the coast. West Texas and Eastern NM have a lot of pecan trees, too. peace

4 Likes

Alright found this moth. What is it hahaha looks like it has armour.

12 Likes

Woooahhh! I thought it was a bat hanging upside down. That’s so badass dude. :metal::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Small eyed sphinx moth
https://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species/Paonias-myops

2 Likes

Thanks for that. A very cool variety! Crazy looking

2 Likes

Check out the size of this mushroom. That’s my wife’s foot beside it. Looks like a freeking dinosaur egg

13 Likes

Wow, I love it. I’m dead set on taking a course to learn. I came across pounds of mushrooms in the mountains this year after the mid summer rains. I didn’t cook any because I was alone and could not say definitively what they are. I’m 95% on the ones I had most of. I brought a load home but never found anyone to help. They never turned any odd colors as they dried either.

They were tasty, too. I tried them but only to taste. The critters were munching on them, too, so I figured all was good. But, a main rule is if you don’t seriously know or have someone to verify it for you, it’s not wise to eat them. Probably good advice.

That’s a coool specimen, of something! ha I need to learn because well, free food is the bomb!

2 Likes

It’s called a puffball mushroom :mushroom:Restaurants buy em for a $8.50 a lb

2 Likes

That horsemouth moth… Fin neato
Don’t know if they come down this far but I captured a couple neat moths on film this year.

You could put that horsehead in that thread I started if you wish.

2 Likes

Yep they’re supposed to be real good before it turns to puff.

I eat mainly morrels and store bought shrooms.
I have alot of different mushrooms on my acreage.

3 Likes

Nothing remotely as cool as the ones you guys are capturing but this one joined me for a beer when I was in Thailand a few days ago :yum:

6 Likes

Not a moth but still cool.

14 Likes

Found a pretty sweet Luna Moth on the wall at work the other day

8 Likes

I found one perfectly preserved on the grass one day. Wings wide open. It was like it just froze in mid flight. I still have it for display. I thought I had seen pics on here of one but I don’t see it. I’ll look for the pic. I have to look it up now to see what it is…

15 Likes

I meant to put this pic in, too. It’s the underside…

Anybody know what it is?

9 Likes

Beautiful indeed, could be this one? :sunglasses:

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/bfly/moth2/cecropia_moth.htm

10 Likes