Honeybees & bugs

I wanted to start a place to share photos of my beekeeping adventures and all the other bugs we find around our property. Please share your bees and bugs here. :honeybee: :butterfly: :beetle: :bug: :ant: :cricket: :spider: :snail: :spider_web:

@RainToday - I see that you have stuff to add here. :grinning:

28 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

Ahh, the sound of summer!

1 Like

7 Likes

7 Likes

Lovely!! I adore when the honey bees are photographed in flight and you can’t see their wings so it just looks like a big pill capsule floating in the air :heart_eyes::laughing::heart_eyes:

I’m going to reserve my actual bees to decorate replies on @misterbee 's thread, unless he suggests I buzz them off :wink:

But I’m utterly delighted to have somewhere to share some not-bee bugs I’ve enjoyed photographing. They’re all pollinators except the spider. It eats pollinators. Specifically. :laughing:

20210805_125644

12 Likes

We always find these jumping spiders around our hives.

5 Likes

I took these in 2023. I’m hoping to up my skills and get more insect shots this year.

10 Likes

5 Likes

What a cutie pie! I adore jumping spiders :heart_eyes:
@syzygy gorgeous! The sunset colors on those ice plant are stunningly well captured! :star_struck:

4 Likes

I love the shots with multiple pollinators.

1 Like

Anyone know what this guy is?

4 Likes

https://extension.msstate.edu/newsletters/bugs-eye-view/2016/eyed-click-beetle-vol-2-no-29

4 Likes

9 Likes

So small…

8 Likes

and some parasitized hornworms

6 Likes

Beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing these with us. I cannot wait for summer to come with everything showing off full colors.

When I was a kid I was terrified of bees. Not even allergic, just scared of them because they could hurt me. It turns out that I have a great aunt who’s a beekeeper my entire life and I think that it’s really cool. One day I would love to have a piece of property where a hive can be kept. Bees are awesome, and they are super important!

3 Likes

Removing a colony that had recently moved into this house.

4 Likes

Catching swarms.

7 Likes