Satanic Horse Moth

oooh this thread reminds me of the time i saw this cool looking moth.

moths are cool af

12 Likes

Hit that with Google search, brings up everything about it

2 Likes

Thanks. It sort of worked. Not exactly it but maybe a Creopia Moth. Same as George’s.

I’m on my phone and sort of limited.

7 Likes

Glad it worked for ya.

From tonight. This moth is a rare Yellow headed stepbrother.

Real name is Rare Rossy Maple moth

13 Likes

Look at this beauty. Really big!!

9 Likes

And here’s another weird one. This one was smaller.

7 Likes

13 Likes

@beacher lmfao…i was thinking these crazy ass bugs reminds me of silence of the lambs.

4 Likes

So I’m not the only one who photographs random moths. Yay I’m not alone :joy:

8 Likes

9 Likes

This species is the largest moth in North America.

14 Likes

I have those hummingbird moths here. Your pic came out better than my last trys.

Man, you guys are finding some rare stuff. I never saw a yellow long haired moth or a nice pink and grey one either… …lol

3 Likes

Darn thing wouldn’t land, they move like hummingbird also.

4 Likes

My girlfriend and I were walking around the beach house we have here in Oklahoma and we witnessed a much larger Male squirrel chase down and rape another (I assume female?) Squirrel in the trees. It was very bizarre when the female was hissing at the other squirrel and then taking off thru the trees and the big one would just stalk her… then they ended up in a hole in the tree. Folks… if ever a “Satanic Horse Moth” existed, I believe the screeching and hissing we heard coming out of that hole would be what it sounds like. RIP squirrel virginity

4 Likes

You have pics @GMan of the mushrooms?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll have to mess with them this afternoon when it starts raining. I’ll explain later…

2 Likes

Saw this tonight on my wife’s Purple Wave petunia’s

Never see these sphynx moths near the city anymore, light pollution has driven them off.
I’ll be checking the tomato plants for their caterpillars starting tomorrow.

When I was a kid, I spent one summer on a farm and the tomato rows had coffee cans nailed to posts with a little gasoline in them.
I had to pick those guys off and drop them in the gas.
Squirmy things.

7 Likes

Camo moth

8 Likes

Big beetle I found dead in my pool. ( full size lighter)

4 Likes