Could anyone identify these eggs

I found these on the bottom of too leave and my shade screen… any advice on what it’s and how to get rid of it??? :eyes:

4 Likes

Outdoor farming aint fun but then I like hemorrhoids also.
Did it for over 2 decades, pass.

6 Likes

Looks like you already did, plucking the leaf they were layed on. Just flush/burn the leaf and they shouldn’t hatch. They’re big enough to be seen, just scrape them off.

2 Likes

I’ve seen them before, but forget what they are.
Some type of butterfly I think, but, little caterpillars hatch from eggs like that and are mighty hungry for some greens. Squash the ones you can find or pluck the leaves and destroy them.
Hope that helps,?

4 Likes

Caterpillars! Get the BT ready!

7 Likes

Had the same ones a couple weeks ago and saved the bit of leaf in a jar to see what hatched. Little baby leaf chomping caterpillars so it was a moth or butterfly that laid them there.

If you find lots more like that get some Safer’s BTK and spray them away even in flower.

Caterpillar01

:peace:

12 Likes

I’m in flower already

1 Like

Appreciate the info head to get some first thing in the AM

It’s only a biological agent. Just a bacteria, it doesn’t kill on contact. The pillars take one bite and immediately stop eating and starve to death. Harmless to pets and humans.

3 Likes

I would highly recommend not using that in flower.

1 Like

Sorry that was spinosad, this BT for pillars

2 Likes

Which one are you referring too?

The spinosad specifically. Generally speaking, I don’t like to spray anything in flower though. Anthrax is also just a bacterium.

4 Likes

That’s what was always told don’t spray in flower

2 Likes

I posted spinosad by mistake… posted new link
I’ve used BT for years outdoors. It’s your only hope if you want to keep your bud. Of course do what you want, but where there are one cluster of eggs there are 1000’s you’ll miss. They like to wait until the buds are super fat and juicy too then they start eating. You’ll find out.

5 Likes

Yeah, bti, btk, all the BT’s are safe, they use them on food crops because it is a bacteria that can be washed off. You don’t want to grow a Cruciferous vegetable without them. Soooo many caterpillars!

3 Likes

I saw the spinosad change. All good. The thing I’m gonna caution is these pesticides are always safe, until they are not. Just like spinosad. No research has been done on spraying these on a plant and smoking them. So, I can see if you are in dire need, but otherwise I wouldn’t spray anything like this in flower unless I absolutely had to. Just my opinion. :pray:

2 Likes

It’s not a pesticide though and all these years, I’m not dead yet. They spray much worse on the fruits and veggies you eat daily

2 Likes

What is spinosad?

Spinosad is derived from a bacteria that was found in the soil in an abandoned rum factory. AFAIK it has been found unsafe to use during the end of flower. I’ve only used it in veg and on surfaces.

It is used as a prescription for head lice under the name Natroba. So at least topically it’s not too bad for humans

2 Likes