Scissorbörg Gardens 🌱 :Scissors:

looking good! So these are the ones you carried back & forth every day? that is dedication! Have you been able to leave them in place now with the shorter days?

4 Likes

Hi @Muleskinner Thanks.
I move them indoors every evening and back out each morning, but not only for uniform 12 ½ hrs. dark/11 ½ hrs. light. I don’t like to leave plants outside overnight…that is when PM and bud blight sink their filthy claws into the innocent flowers.
I also move my plants indoors if any foul weather threatens. The trichomes can easily be damaged by a driving, torrential rain. Gale force winds can also create big problems. I won’t mention hail!
So, I like to use easily portable containers which can be quickly moved to shelter, and then back outside when the coast is clear.
I think it is important to protect the trichomes from potential degradation in order to maximize potential potency.
That is why I no longer put plants in the ground, and I only use containers no larger than two gallons.

7 Likes

…If anybody else would like a go at testing these, and could do so in a timely manner with a few updates here-and-there… just t@g me in this thread.

They are (Greenhouse Seeds) Super Lemon Haze x (TGA) JesusOG

11 Likes

How long does the SLH take to finish ( i think this cross would be probably go 10/12 weeks ) eh .?
Great beans mate im sure you’ll have a few people ready to crack them, so I’ll pass on this one bro , though I’ll be watching them grow out when they are run…
How is your Bohdi Tree etc coming on mate.? Looking forward to running some more @LED_Seedz gear and I’ll prob do a mix of his strains i have…
Anyway you have a a great :+1: day bro,

Gaz

4 Likes

No it’s really fast actually. +/-56 days and its swollen and amber.
LED_Seedz Bodhi Tree are mere days from 12/12 :grin: Took a few clones off each of them yesterday :wink:

2 Likes

I have my big boy camera working, so I thought I would clarify the appearance of the Cromjog sisters today.

11 Likes

Looks like a decent density, and starting to build some glands too :+1: Hopefully they get some nice flavor. Are they in 2 gallon pots?

Mine are in 10 gallons and the wind has tipped a few over today. How do you deal with windy days in the smaller pots?

4 Likes

Only one of them is in a two gallon…the runt.
The others are in only .66 gallon containers.
Super easy to move around.

I like to dig holes just a little larger than the containers, then pop the containers into the holes.
Or I just brace them (containers) up against the prevailing wind… I use anything handy that is heavy enough to wedge up against the containers to prevent toppling.

3 Likes

bags of compost, soil or mulch work great! so do large rocks. :smile:

2 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/58746085/dont-be-scared-homie.jpg

17 Likes

It’s just the SLH is 8 weeks + / - & this cross takes…?? Have you tried any, and would the Jesus og add time to the flowering .?! Probably eh…

Anyway i enjoyed your Blueberry , twas really tasty :+1:.!
Speak again later mate ,

Gaz

2 Likes

Both SLH and JesusOG are fully done in 8 weeks +/- few days. So I’m hoping for an 8 week hybrid. I haven’t grown any yet though, seeds are fresh.

The CromJOG cross seems to be finishing fast for Calyxander, despite the C99/Romberry taking 9+ weeks on it’s own. So my hopes are high for a fast finisher here. Medium-stretching is likely though.

Edit: I should specify, SLH and Jesus-OG are 8 weeks, from clone. I haven’t flowered a seedling in a long time. Usually takes a bit longer, I think?

8 Likes

Oh the calamity!
A particularly virulent strain of botrytis has afflicted my poor, innocent, little CromJog girls. I lost almost all of the main colas to sickening mold. Managed to salvage a decent amount of clean buds from each plant however. Still, excruciatingly sad to see the destruction of fine flowers.
I lost ¼ to ⅓ of potential harvest.

They were about 55 days into flowering.
I was going to take them soon anyway.

Fortunately, the buds all appear enticing and promising.
I will report on quality of smoke in due time.

6 Likes

Dang, Calyxander! That is a nightmare :frowning:
Sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.
It could have been so much worse.
I inspected the plants twice a day…I was able to save a substantial amount of buds from each plant. The bud blight hit very quickly, and If I did not act decisively to limit my losses, it would have devastated the entire crop. Super aggressive botrytis.
Probably the nastiest I have ever seen.
South Carolina has plenty of sun and decent weather, but also the most virulent botrytis I have ever witnessed.
I am anxious to get back to SoFla.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear of your bud rot @Calyxander , sucks big time when you get to near harvest time and then hit very quick with botyritus…!

I hope you recover well from this setback mate ,
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz.

6 Likes

I know your pain. It’s a gamble outdoors with new genetics.
All my indoor keepers are are botrytis resistant strains due to past heartbreaks. I recently had some c99 start to rot at 65-70% RH :angry:

9 Likes

I also caught the start of bud rot on a C99 kola so i took it off, but a couple of weeks ago i pulled the lower buds in the kola away from the stem and it has helped with airflow etc…

I have taken a few more buds ( drying ) from the c99, and waiting on the rests’ trics to turn amber , they’re all cloudy at day 58/9 flo as of today/tonight…

Gaz

6 Likes

Juicyfruit sex-check…7/9 females :+1:

8 Likes

Here are some of the yet to be cured buds from the first CromJog I harvested.

13 Likes