OG619s 2024 Seed Testing

Few things I made this last year getting tested…
Rare Dankness - Rugburn OG F2d (Ghost OG x RD1)
Strayfox - Loaded Triangle F2d (TK x HPK-I95)
Bodhi - (Cinnamon Toast x 88g13hp) x (TK x HPK-I95)
CSI - (Pure OG x TK) x (TK x HPK-I95)

33 Likes

I will be watching to see how these go.
By the way, how well does the Aerogarden work for sprouting seeds?

3 Likes

Nice crosses brother, I’ll be watching in a corner in my beanbag chair with my bong…

Have a good day!

2 Likes

Very cool! That rug burn is one I’ve always wanted to try ! Heard it’s a devastating high for like 4 hours! (Right up my alley :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) everything sounds great tbch! Nice choices!

2 Likes

Tag-a-long question, what sponges do you use?

I start lettuce in aerogardens and it works well, but I think the quality of sponge matters. The temu off brand I have now doesn’t work well :neutral_face:

1 Like

This is my third time sprouting seeds with it and I really like it, just plop the seed in the plug and let it be until ready to transplant. Most of the seeds have sprouted by the 4th day, quite a few popped tails when I had checked around 36 hrs after dropping them.

1 Like

I am surprised, most all of those types of items come from China anyway.

2 Likes

I have never used one, does it have a small heater in it to control water temp.? Or basically like a cloner and just spray water onto the plug every so often to keep it moist?

1 Like

I’ll keep being a tag-a-long, in the name of conversation! OG619 you can absolutely tell me to shush, it’s your thread, I’m just happy to be here :blush:

It is DWC, depending on the model and brand, they are more or less all-in-one DWC. The sponges sit in a reservoir, the rez has a little pump system that either just pumps the water around occasionally, or it trickles it on the sponges on intervals.
It has an attached lamp set to 16/8.
It doesn’t heat the water intentionally BUT ime, the lamp and the pump heat it quite a bit. It’s also a very small rez, so very quick to heat.

It bothers me they call it an “aero” garden because it’s not an aeroponic system. I picked one up on clearance and use it every day for lettuce. We then move the lettuce to Kratky jars. Its a great introduction to hydroponics. Once you get your hands on it and figure stuff out you can make your own hydro system with stuff you have around the house. Highly recommend if you’re interested in hydro and don’t know where to start.

That said, and my great love for aerogardens professed, I don’t trust them to sprout seeds. 🫥 I’ve seen more than a couple people on OG who do it all day no problem.

2 Likes

Perfect breakdown on the system. I initially bought one for my mom bc she doesnt have a “green thumb” always watering too much or too little so figured it’d be a fail proof setup for her, but I ended up liking it and grabbed one myself for sprouts.

The system initially came with a 9 plug lid that trickes water down the sponges, then I grabbed this 50 plug lid that just houses the plugs and pumps water around occasionally like @AppalachianBiscuits mentioned. And I never thought about heat but your right, between the lamp and pump it stays a good temp. I got the sponges off of Amazon, I previously used a knock off brand, this round they were aerogarden haven’t noticed a difference yet.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Yeah I know how a DWC operates but due to the water being at room temp. I wouldn’t think it would be for popping seeds as you usually try to keep them a bit warmer to pop. That is why I asked if it some how heated the water a little and maybe had a digital temp. reading on it. But like @AppalachianBiscuits stated being it is so small with the lights right above , they may raise the water temp a few degrees.
Peace :v:

2 Likes

Shoot over your info and I’ll get a pk sent your way. :facepunch:t3:

Day 5

7 Likes

Day 7, almost everythings sprouted

11 Likes

Transplant, spray, top, acclimate to outside…

8 Likes

Next Round we got…
Obs - SKVA91 x Irene
Schwaggys - HA OG
Strayfoxs - Smoking Skunks
Doc Ds - Malibu Pure Kush x Lemon Thai
CSIs - Irene x Chem 91

6 Likes

Day 21 Getting some sun…None of the Obs skva91 x Irene popped, had 6/10 HA OGs pop, 10/10 Smoking Skunks, 6/10 Malibu Pure Kush x Lemon Thai. Removed uncracked seeds after a week scuffed them, hydrogen peroxide solution still nothing. Had a bunch of algae covered plugs and roots were darker than usual. For now on I’ll be using distilled or purified water and think these plugs are hit n miss depending on brand

6 Likes

Strayfox - Smoking Skunks

6 Likes

Strayfoxs - Loaded Triangle (Triangle Kush x Hollywood Pure Kush-I95) F2d by me. Tossed a few plants outside couple months ago, this one survived the cold nights and rain storms, think I only had to water it a couple times :rofl:. Looking forward to sampling this as last round everything was fully seeded.

6 Likes