Sea of Green Technique

I want to run sea of green @Pedro_Bann
team sea of green
Where can i get solid info to learn more on sog.

8 Likes

I’ve just woken up and can’t think of names but I’ve bookmarked your post and will get back when I’m clearer.

8 Likes

just do not veg to long :slight_smile:that was my big take away

I did 108 six inch square pots in soil less

with 3 - 400 watt lights 2 hps and 1 mh my first run I vegged too long 20 days

second time I did it only vegged for 10 days then did the 12/12 for flower

painless to do 1200 grams a run, but for me the plant count was too high

all the best

Dequilo

8 Likes

With SOG clones usually go straight to flower after rooting…

I’ve experimented with SOG but always had clones growing for at least a week… Check out my thread:

12 Likes

A couple of guys gave me inspiration to try out Sea of Green method and Al b Fuct is one of them.

And High Country

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176233

Keep smiling

5 Likes

Just one thing I would say is that either by clone or 12 12 from seed the height/yield is around proportional to how much sativa and Indica is in the strain and in my opinion around a 50 50 ratio will give you great yields without overgrowing your space and not being too tall for your light to penetrate all the way to the bottom.

Too much sativa you can end up needing to prune out the bottoms which is wasted growing time and too much Indica will be too short to yield enough without a veg period and vegging just wastes time.

6 Likes

I can’t agree more…

But the key question (and hardest for beginner) is how much space dedicate to single plant… You probably always need to experiment a bit with your particular strain.

3 Likes

6 inches works out fairly well but because most strains are bred with bushyness as a positive trait it can be hard to find strains that like to have a single cola. When using one that branches you can cut off the branches at the bottom as soon as it shows the second node, that way the two tips that are left on that branch will grow but will start to bud before they grow out too much.

Another thing is that multi-point lighting such as LED is more appropriate than single point lighting like HPS for SoG because the plants will all shade each other out with a single light in the middle.

4 Likes

4plants per sq ft is typical.(6inch pots)
Veg clones ~2wks Depending onstrain and clone size.
(Flower clone at 8-10inches and end up w 1-2ft finished depending on strain)
Ifcan average15g/clone that gets you just over 2lbs in a 4x4

5 Likes

I took what i learned from the 16oz cup challenge. I had to many clones and i couldn’t toss them. Lol i just used my cups with dirt, put them in trays sho i could just keep water in the tray. Packed as many cups as would fit in the trays. So they would not tip over. I Got 15 to 20g per plant. works out pretty good. Labeling has been a challenge. It always rubs off.

9 Likes