GH RainForest 18 plants 600W

After years of fun with hydroponics, I finally got my hands laid on this promising piece from General Hydroponics - the RainForest… Single vortex sprayer is practically maintenance free and allows balanced irrigation to all plants… Lid is divided into 6 compoments. There are three possible versions: single plant per component, 3 sites per component and 6 sites per component. For my setup 3 sites per component were used, totaling to 18 plants.

I’ve got some clones preselected from Mandala Seeds. Two strains - Hashberry and White Satin, both luckily indica dominant (though not single-cola dominant), which will fit Sea of Green style nicely… In RF hexagonal form there is inner circle - 6 plants of White Satin and outer circle - 12 Hashberry plants.

It only took 5 days to let their roots reach bottom of RF and after that I’ve switched to 12/12.

My favourite nutrients were used - Hydrogarden Vitalink dilluted to 1/3 of recommended dose. pH kept under 5.5. Temps: 24 celsius during day, 21 celsius at night.

Cabinet is pretty small and temps are crucial to keep under 24 in hydroponics/aeroponics so air-cooled 600W hood is used.

21 Likes

You can see disasembled Rainforest in detail here…

Vortex sprayer is pretty robust and because of its smart construction I’ve never had any problems with it… It rotates and drains water through the tubing up to the disc which by oscillating sprays it around.

Reservoir holds about 70 litres of nutrient… Unfortunatelly Vortex sprayer is only so short, so once your nutrient level is below 35 litres vortex sprayer stops working… Luckily roots can drain the water directly although it is not oxygenated so well…

8 Likes

Photo few days after 12/12 switch… I’m using screen to train plants and spread canopy evenly to whole 1.2 x 1 meter area.

8 Likes

White Satin / Hashberry grow was not able to 100% fill available screen (it was about 60% filled), so next grow plants were allowed to vegetate more…

This was the result :smiley:

You can see custom air cooled hood.

14 Likes

Photos back from Hashberry and White Satin Harvest

10 Likes

Hashberry

Harvested @ 55 days

15 Likes

White Satin

harvested @ 55 days

15 Likes

White Satin

harvested @ 55 days

12 Likes

Massive roots :smiley:

There is direct proportion in what is above and below the ground…

In this case, vortex sprayer got tangled in :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Can’t believe this hasn’t shown up before and I’ve never seen this thread. :frowning:

Looks really clean and nice @LemonadeJoe !! Had a good gut feeling you’d be a stellar showman of the craft.

6 Likes

It is nice to see your work after all this time @LemonadeJoe

I hope to see a lot more of it. :eye:

:thumbsup:

4 Likes

Really nice work, Im interested on your pot.
Where did you buy??

2 Likes

Hello! Most hydro stores offer GH products… Use store finder on their page:

4 Likes

I didn’t know that is a GH product. Here in Brazil we don’t have many options about imported grow products
thanks

1 Like

This is an old thread but I wanted to ask, do you run the vortex constantly during lights on or do you cycle it on and off? I have two Rainforests and I’m thinking of digging them out and give them a try.

2 Likes

I was running it constantly 24/7. Definitely give them a try, for plants up to certain size they work great!

2 Likes

I’m in the process of setting one up as we speak. Should be firing it up shortly.

1 Like

I’m running the six plant version of the rainforest with four different strains. I have a bad habit of starting too many strains all at once haha… I need to learn to use restraint. I have the other two versions of the rainforest lids and might try your 18 plant version with some female seeds I’m in the process of making. So many seeds, so little space…

Nice setup bro​:heart::heart::heart:
If you don’t mind please share the details of dry yield…

@LemonadeJoe I really love the GH RainForest. thank you for sharing.

ok i see that you can still buy them but i wonder if a DIY could be made. Clogged sprayers are a pain!

1 Like