Second grow and need help with pruning or trimming

I keep looking at the tubes and trying to get a visual scale. :thinking:
Are those T8s or T12s?
Have you got a source for replacements?

Cheers
G

There T-12s and I can getem at Lowe’s for about 8 bucks for one

And we do have a phototron tag Aplausos|nullxnull, amazing invent, last time I saw something similar it was a shower with jets coming from all the columns and above …

Your plant looks great, I just pull leaves from time to time but mostly because of humidity and airflow, glad you feel comfortable among us … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I’m going to try and expound on my earlier post. First I suggested that you train your plants early on, reason being for airflow and to make each budsite more productive. Secondly I eluded that you could trim up to 20 or so days into flower, not directed towards topping or the likes. Just generally cleaning out the non productive foliage.
As far a science for backing my theory is where I get off, meaning I’m not about to do all of the research to prove a point. It’s pasted all over any Google search how far along and how m much to prune at any point in a plants life term.
That post that I made was my attempt a being helpful not looking to debate the subject. I’ve been using this method of growing for decades and find that a well trained plant is more productive, and if you practice this you’ll see an increase in yield.
@MrWizard

2 Likes

I appreciate your help and input on my plant and I wss talking about how to bend over the top and tie it down to a side of the plant and it’s just a little overwhelming for me only being my second grow and I had been in veg for 7 weeks and I have a very woody n robust stalk and PhilCuisine mentioned that I can still bend it just have to use a pair of pliers and soften up the area and my biggest concern & question is how to determine where to do the bend and do it asap? Also I am glad that you decided to just keep on subject and not getting into a debate about the time-line for trimming and you’re right about it growing tighter buds. Plus everyone has there own methods to what works best for them and we follow basic recommendations given.

2 Likes

You still have time…you’re still less then a week of your flowering mode…I would leave it alone for now and think about bending it when you’re 1.5 wks. into flower…that’s what I would do…

This Sunday my grow would’ve been in flower for 2 wks. and I’m thinking of bend it then…I don’t prune or take fan leaves off unless its blocking a bud site.

4 Likes