Seed Popping Thread- what are you planting today?

4 panama x Lebanon , 3 kashmir kush. Hoping to time my flower cycle right and have these ready to flip day after harvest.

4 Likes

Box o chocolate ?

1 Like

a mix from here

all the best

5 Likes

Jinxproof 9lb. Hammer x Dosi Do & 9lb. Hammer
Mz Jill’s Purple Shah

4 Likes

White Grapefruit x4, Harlequin x2, Sour Diesel x 3

Still waiting on the diesel to sprout.

Ending day 7.

3 Likes

5 bandaid haze f3 #12 from @Doc.D going into cups tonight. 36 hours in the sheets and all have 1-2 inch tails.

4 Likes

Wasn’t today but I popped these a couple of weeks ago :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

welcome to Overgrow! Nice packs…can we talk you into posting a log and letting us watch?

3 Likes

Thank you! And Absolutely, is there a thread for that or do I just start my own? Sorry this is my first forum :joy:

2 Likes

if indoor go to that category and start a new log. Pictures are drag and drop and they clean the metadata

2 Likes

also there is an Introduce yourself thread…and lots of people hang there to help newbs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

UPDATE! One of the two mystery machine was male. the other one was a female. both had very similar structure. we’re on week 3 of flower. and she’s looking like a good producer. this will be my first grow where I used “real seeds” every other run has been random bag seeds. I’m very interested to see what I get.

1 Like

Dropped a few sweet skunk from peakseedsbc, sour skunk auto from frost bros and a mephesto auto 3bog x sams og. Thinking about dropping a few spotted lime autos to cross with the sour skunk autos, there both regs.

2 Likes

Update to the previous post 56

Pruned before flip to flower, which I’m on day 2 of flower right now

2 Likes

Reactor 99 already growing

3 Likes

To make the decision more difficult: consider that many photoperiods when sown from seed under 12/12 or 11/13 light cycle can finish in similar time as typical autoflower genetics, with of course a different set of desirable traits.

I enjoy growing autoflowers outdoors at the 49th parallel here, where the day lengths can be as long as 16 hours. I do succession sowings, so that one harvest matures near late June or early July, the second harvest in early-mid August, and the “final” harvest in late September to mid October; though I will usually let this last one go longer if selecting for mold/mildew resistance and hardiness, to as late as December (however long they last).

For indoors, I enjoy growing photoperiods. There are so many interesting cultivars I can’t reasonably finish outdoors here, without having to bring them back inside to “finish” anyways. Which to me somewhat robs the crop from its sun-grown status.

For longer flowering NLD types indoors I will start and maintain them under 11on/13off. Once stretch initiates I’ll increase light intensity and reduce daylength to 10:30on/13:30off. In the final weeks I’ll reduce the light hours gradually, in 15 minute increments every other day, until the last day of light is 9 hours. Then I’ll keep them in the dark, with adequate soil moisture (mulched) and air circulation+exchange until the next full moon. I check on them daily for mold and/or pests in this period.

All shorter flowering plants I simply start under 12/12 and maintain the photoperiod at that until ripening stages begin in the earliest phenotypes. Once I see flowers begin to fill out, I step down 15 minutes every other day until I’m down to 9/15.

I do this primarily because I enjoy the micromanagement practice itself; of monitoring and responding to and manipulating crop response. But I am also a fan of bio mimicry in its proven empirical benefits and in several otherwise esoteric inklings. The minor gain in electrical economy, over time, presents a potential for lessened dependence upon energy resources.

For example, if in the future a nation were to experience such energy demands from cannabis horticulture that it became mandatory to regulate such consumption, an inquiry and subsequent legislation may outline limitations for fixtures; their distribution and their functionality. It would not be unreasonable to picture in fifty years that plug-and-play “grow lights” and their corresponding sensor/software arrays will automatically tune photon output based on environmental factors and plant response, with internal checks on amperage consumption within the facility and respect per capita allotments or “energy rations” which have been pre/proscribed (depending how you look at it).

And so we may see a day where “grow lights” are beyond our individual control as cultivators, by way of legal authority. We may even see then-archaic technologies regulated, taxed, or banned with criminal/fine penalty for their operation. Much as how manually driven motor vehicles will become outlawed within city limits of most major metropolitan conurbations in the coming decades; “driving” cars manually will be a thing of the past; but an old time hobby fulfilled on designated tracks by permitted individuals, or a lower-class means of rural/country transportation.

That’s assuming of course that whatever powers may be will continue to disallow and dissuade alternative energy sources, and our culture in fifty years will still then view energy as a quantifiable resource with valid commercial application.

Much like De Beers has managed the perception of Diamonds, so too has the perception of oil been carefully managed through nonfactual propaganda. For if the world population knew that “oil comes from prehistoric vegetation and animal remains” was a flimsy hoax perpetrated by marketers and industry-funded “scientific researchers” they would surely be outraged to find out that the “very limited resource” and ever-rising price of “fossil fuels” (as they are erroneously called), actually are a substance (we call “oil”) created from the forces of heat and pressure upon elements deep within the Earth’s mantle; and it literally oozes out of the Earth like a rosin press squishing hash. It finds its way to the surface and spurts out in the small fissures we find, sometimes as large as lakes (Laguna). And this “oil” is in literal unlimited supply; the biggest kept secret in energies investment.

Ironically the oil industry receives no due credit for the numerous earthquakes, eruptions, and tsunamis it has prevented by its decades of pressure-relieving drilling activities the world over. Then again, the oil industry deserves its fair share of critical outcry due to its handling of above-ground oil resources and their subsequent habitual pollution of previously pristine natural resources. Plus who knows; in the course of drilling/fracking, who knows what kind of long-term damage is done to the structural integrity of our land masses. It is probably a toss up between the sea spills and sink holes they cause by relieving this pressure in harvest of crude oil, and the unknown lakes of oil we don’t have laying around.

Alright, I’ve got spinach to transplant. What cultivar of spinach you ask? Bloomsdale Longstanding IBL Heirloom (Open Pollination) bred by Pacific Northwest Seeds in Vernon, BC. #treatingvegetableshowcannabisculturetreatsweed

-Dr. Zinko

2 Likes

A couple of Blueberry autos popped up today.

The 2nd one is just breaking the soil, plan out put these outside in May with my potted peppers and tomatoes.

2 Likes

Started the next round of seeds; 5 berry freak, 2 berry freak crossed with ( duckweb IBL x huckleberry soda), 1 supafreak (from a buddy on reddit contributing to my cause in return for some seeds), 8 ABC site 3, 2 fantasmo cbg, 2 grapey walter cbg, 2 JOTI black candy land, 2 JOTI gods green crack extractor edition.

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

4 Likes

I just planted a bubblegum auto regs gifted from someone here on OG. Why IDK cuz my grow cab is occupied until July/august :rofl:

2 Likes