Scts' Sideshow 2; Seed a reverted clone? And other questions

So, I just got my sub 1 pollen. I have a few ducksfoot clones that I took after it had started flowering. They are all still making single calyxes at the branch unions on the new growth. What would happen if I tried to pollinate 1 of them? Would they grow seeds while being in veg? Would they be viable? Are they going to be hermie prone from being created in such a stressed way?

10 Likes

i would assume if they have pistils thye can be pollinated, again assuming

3 Likes

Thats what I’m thinking. I guess I’m going to be doing an experiment.

5 Likes

awesome you should post it here!

4 Likes

Of course! I gotta find a paint brush, give me like 30 minutes. Ive never used pollen this way, always just let the boys do their thing.

3 Likes

Ok, here it goes!

Pollen :white_check_mark:
Paint brush :white_check_mark:
Reverted stealth fighter duckwebbed clone thats still putting out new pistols? :white_check_mark:

I got a little on the brush, then liberally brushed all the pistols.

I guess we will find out in a week or 3.

I’m going to be keeping this clone on an 18/6 light schedule and feeding it like its in veg. Its in coast of Maine Stonington blend with an inch of vermiculite at the bottom.

18 Likes

everything i ever painted the pistils turned orange right away

1 Like

Mini hempys are made. Can’t wait to put those autoflower cbg plants into them.

Had my first twin seed! One of the berry freaks. I did put everything into cups now, buts lights are off at the moment

Rearranged the lights and put my 2 20w lm301b panels up too. 90 watts total. 50w is a 6500k cob flood.

And the clones are looking good. A bunch of the pistils on the duck I pollinated with sub1 turned orange. So I hope seeds are imminent. And the cover crop micro hempy is just exploding with growth!

6 Likes

Ok, so I did a thing…

Mini dwc with a cover crop? It started as a.micro hempy but I was having to water twice a day.

And the pollinated clones are doing well. Growing like mad! I’ve had to trim them back.

Update on the autoflower mini hempies after 10pm tonight.

6 Likes

Mini hempies all in a row. 76 oz each. Feeding element nutrients, since I had a sample sitting here that should be more than enough for a grow. Half coco perlite 3:1 and perlite verm 3:1 to only the perlite verm mix, just to see which does better.

6 Likes

I switched to my larger cabinet and they stretched to fill it in 24 hours. Criminey lol

Berry freak not looking as freaky as I expected from pics I’ve seen, but we shall see. It did give me my first twin ever, the big one is weird, the little one looks… normal?

Group shots!

I upgraded the air stone and this experiment is looking sooooo happy.

The roots are dark, but the element nutrients are dark and have a myco ingredient, so I’m not overly concerned yet. It smells good lol

Black candyland had some webbed leaves on its first set of true leaves, I’m looking forward to working with this plant, its like my stealth fighters that didn’t show webbed, except on a single leaf, that I theorized are heterozygous for the webbed trait. I want to cross this with my webbed stealth fighter and see what happens.

5 Likes

Oh, I also had some lophophora williamsii; caesposita, Northern and Southern seedlings last fall, that I thought had died. I was cleaning up the containers of soil to recycle on other cacti and found a few survivors! Some are really dark, so hard to see, but there are 12 tiny peyote in here.

6 Likes

Switched the reservoir on the mini dwc, and increased the strength of the nutes for it. Everything is chugging along

3 Likes

I’m really loving auto flowers hempy style. This is the easiest hydro I’ve ever attempted!

And had some fun with a freak show clone and a chia homer bust.

6 Likes

Hell yea. I love it when a closet or cabinet gets to looking like that. So much going on, its just a treat to peak in every day :slight_smile: So those hempy deals, you just top water until water starts running thro the lines, leaving a couple inches of water/food in the bottom to eventually get sucked up by the plant? or is it an ebb n flow type of deal? I need something new to try soon. Was thinking about diy octopots maybe.

3 Likes

Yeah, every 3 days I’ve been pouring 1 cup of nutes into each one, then it just drains to waste. I’ve been using the element nutrients sample and following the instructions to a T. Only about 1/3 cup is coming out of each when I water. I just ran the lines all together to make life easy. I’m seriously about togo to the dollar store and buy 12 more of these containers. I’m really loving this method.

Update; I bought 8, thats all they had.

Today

5 Likes

Just started getting into a lil cacti myself.

1 Like

Not the run thats going, but the one after im going to run 12 clones in these mini hempies all plumbed together, im going to attempt some vertical farming with them. 4 plants per shelf, sculpt them to grow outwards like these, and then let them grow up. I have a vision.

5 Likes

@anon93244739 you got lots growing on here. I pay more attention. Love the hempys. I kinda miss hempy grows.

2 Likes

Thanks, its a bit eclectic for sure lol

2 Likes